Saturday, January 3, 2015

My 2015 Blog and Disney Goals

2015 is officially here!  I'm really excited about this year.  I have another blank canvas to create a new design.  365 blank pages of a book yet to be written.  In order to feel like I've accomplished something at the end of the year, I like to set goals for myself.  In fact, this year I added a lot of new items to my personal goal list.

Photo Source: Disney Store
Last year, I added Disney themed goals and blog goals to my list for the first time.  I shared a few in 14 Disney and Blog Goals for 2014.  I did pretty well in my efforts to achieve them.  (You can read my 2014 end of the year goal recap here.)

To celebrate 2015, I've decided to make 15 Disney and Blog Goals!  Sharing your goals with others helps with accountability; therefore, I'm going to share those goals with you guys once again!  Some of them are the same or similar to goals I had last year.  (I still want to get those 2014 goals completed!)  Some of these goals are completely new ideas!  Hopefully, I can achieve them all this year!  Bring it on 2015!

Melissa's 15 Blog and Disney Goals for 2015

1.)  Go to Walt Disney World- This is my goal every year, so it's always #1.  This feels like a "freebie" since I'm leaving for Disney this Tuesday.  However, I've also made a bucket list for this trip, so I'll include trying new things while I'm there with this goal.

2.)  Participate in the WDW 10K- This also feels like a "freebie" since I'm doing the Minnie 10K on Friday.  The "real" goal is to finish it since I didn't finish the half marathon last year.  I guess we'll find out how this goal turns out later on this week!


3.) Achieve Monthly Blog Goals- This was what I had a hard time with last year.  I've made a calendar template for myself so it'll be easier to achieve these monthly goals. Specifically, I'd like to do at least one tutorial each month, blog about one fun find each month, and do 12-13 posts each month so I can write 150 blog entries for the year.


4.)  Make Disney Décor for the Holidays-  I will make sure I get this done.  My list of "Disney Projects" is taking over my cell phone.  Plus, some of my ideas are incredibly awesome!  I really need to be on top of my holiday projects this year.


5.)  Design an Imagineering Project-  Back in college, I could design anything I wanted in my interior design studio class.  The sky was the limit and there weren't any money restrictions.  I want to do a personal project for fun since there's always money restrictions in the real world.  I have a great idea that I'm really excited about.  It's going to come to life in 2015.  This particular project is a huge undertaking- so it might not be completed totally at the end of 2015, but it's going to be well on it's way.

6.)  Have a Few Friends as Guest Bloggers-  My friends are huge Disney fans too. Last year, I had two guest blogger posts.  I'd like to have a few more posts this year. Thankfully, Eliot is on board so hopefully you'll hear more from him.  I'm sure I can persuade a few of my friends to write a post or two!  (You know you want to friends!!!)

7.)  Have a Disney Themed Party-  We had two parties last year.  Our Disney Side BBQ Party was a big hit and a great way to welcome summer.  Eliot and I are thinking about making it an annual event.  Also, I have a lot of other ideas I'm dying to try out.


8.)  Paint Disney Art-  Last year, I specifically wanted to paint Disney Wedding art for our dining room.  This year, I want to make some for our bathroom, dining room, my office, etc.  I've been dying to go to one of those paint bars where you have drinks and paint a picture.  I started a Pinterest board a while ago- it now has over 600 pins. I'm thinking I might just have to have a few of my own personal "paint night" events.


9.)  Continue Happily Ever Hatter's Growth- I am so proud of how far I came with Happily Ever Hatter last year.  My personal goal was to have 50 orders.  I ended 2014 with 40 Etsy sales, 4 PayPal orders, 2 orders from friends, and I made over 50 hats and headbands.  This year, I want to build on that.  I've got plans to release a bunch of new designs.  Here's to hoping I'll have at least another 50+ sales this year!!!


10.)  Make Disney Accessories-  This was another goal from last year.  However, this year, I want to make different Disney accessories.  I've got ear hats and ear headbands covered in goal #9.  I'm not quite ready to reveal all of my top secret business ideas, but goal this will take shape a bit differently than Happily Ever Hatter did last year.


11.) Take an Online Storyboard Class-  Yet another goal from last year that I didn't exactly accomplish.  I'm already signed up for the visual storytelling class over at Skillshare.  It's taught by an animator from Walt Disney Animation Studios!


12.) Read Disney Books- I have a bunch of Disney Imagineering books that I've collected since I was in college.  I've looked through them, but I haven't actually read them cover to cover.  I'd like to read a few of them this year.  I also want to get some of the art of Disney books where they show the concept art and how they created the movies we know and love.  (Frozen and Tangled are at the top of the list!)


13.)  Have Disney Movie Nights and Disney Game Nights- I've been wanting to do this for a while now.  Eliot and I had discussed having Monday Movie Nights and Thursday Game Nights.  (Along with Taco Tuesdays and Wii Wednesdays.) They haven't panned out since we're always so busy, but I'm determined to do these more often.  I'm not sure we'll be able to watch movies every Monday, but I'm going to try to watch more of the Disney Movies in our collection.  We also have quite a few Disney board games that need to be broken in a bit.

14.)  See Disney's Frozen on Ice- This seems silly to have as a goal but I really want to see it!  I used to go to Disney On Ice shows with my family all the time when I was a kid.  I absolutely love watching the performers skate.  Plus, I always dreamed about becoming a costume or set designer.  I love Frozen and I can't wait to see the costumes and set designs for this show!


15.) Work on Top Secret Blog Post Ideas- Well, this is certainly a tease, but that's all I can say for now!  I'm sorry!  Once said "top secret blog ideas" are able to be public knowledge, I will definitely let you guys know!  Since I can't outright tell you, I'll give you a little bit of a hint: I said my list of "Disney projects and ideas" was ridiculously long... there are many more ideas than just holiday projects on there!


Photo Source: Disney Store
I've got my work cut out for me again this year.  But I'm really excited about it!  I'm going to make 2015's word of the year GROWTH.  I've made a lot of progress with my blog and with my business endeavors this past year.  This year I want to build upon that progress and to make them all grow to be even bigger and better!

Happy 2015 Everyone!!!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment