Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Disney Princess Happy Planners

We're a few weeks into 2021, and it's already been interesting.  After seven days in, I was ready to cancel my "2021 free trial", but now that we're a little farther along, things seem to be going a bit smoother.  I'm still optimistic that it will be a good year.

In fact, I already feel like I've had more going on this year.  Maybe it's just my optimism, but I feel like I've had more things to schedule.  Eliot and I went to the eye doctor earlier this month, and tomorrow morning we have our first dental cleaning of 2021.

In my 2021 goals, I mentioned that I got some Disney Princess planners that I wanted to use.  For a few years now, I've wanted to use a planner to keep myself organized.  I haven't actually used a physical planner since I was in college, and even then, I mostly used my computer calendar to stay organized.  At the time, it made sense since it was easy to repeat my classes, club meetings and other things on my schedule.  However, now that my schedule is more loose, I think it makes more sense to have a physical planner to use instead.  Plus, I absolutely hate putting appointments in my phone.

The past few years, using a planner to stay organized has become a trendy thing to do.  Nowadays, busy moms and career women are self proclaimed "planner babes" while using colorful pens, stickers, sticky notes and more to stay organized.  Planners often also include daily mantas, inspirational quotes, and goals.

This concept has had me hooked for a few years; I just needed to buy a planner and take the leap.  I love scrapbooking and this is similar to making page layouts- just with your schedule.  I'm also obsessed with stickers; I have been since I was a kid.  Add colorful pens in all shades of the rainbow and I'm in.  I'm so excited!  After admiring other people's planner layouts on Instagram for years, now I'm finally joining the club!

You can imagine how excited I was when I discovered that The Happy Planner was partnering with Disney.  Last year, I had heard that they were coming out with a Mickey and Minnie collection as well as the Disney Princess Happy Planner line that was being sold at Walmart.  I knew the princess designs would be perfect for me!

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for months.  The collection was first released online and promptly sold out.  Finally, I found my 12 Month Princess Planner with Cinderella, Tiana and Snow White at our local Walmart along with one pack of stickers.  (These are the exact two products that I've found the most in my travels.)

For Christmas, my brother Jeremy bought me the Disney Princess Happy Planner Guided Journal and the small planner with Ariel, Tiana and Aurora in the set.  (He knows how much I love Rapunzel and Ariel so that's why he chose those items.)

On our way home from Christmas with my family, Eliot and I stopped at the Newport Walmart.  Jeremy, Eliot and I had stopped there on the way home from Thanksgiving so I knew they had most of the Disney Princess planner items from the collection in stock.  I didn't buy any over Thanksgiving, so I wanted to go back to see what they still had.  While there, I ended up getting the other two small planners and I decided to also get the Desk Calendar to put on the wall downstairs.

Before leaving Walmart, I also grabbed the Planner Storage Pouch to put my larger 12 Month Planner in.  I'm so glad that I got it.  There is plenty of space inside to store my planner as well as my stickers and sticky notes.  There are also two removable pockets that you can put pens or markers in.  I'm hoping this will make it easy to carry around and help keep me motivated and creative!

As for the smaller calendars, my plan is to combine all three of them into one planner with all of the princesses.  Then, I'll probably try to use the other ones in the future.  I think the dates are already marked, but I'm thinking that I might just get some new inserts for next year.  I really wanted the sticky notes that came with each set, and that's the main reason that I got all of them.  (I really wish they sold the sticky notes separately!)  But, I'm sure I'll figure something out; I don't like to waste things!

If you're looking for a way to stay organized this year, The Happy Planner Disney items are a great way to do so.  I've seen items from the Princess collection at both Walmart and Michael's.  You can also find some of the Mickey and Minnie items at Joann's and Michael's.  Of course, you can always find items on The Happy Planner website too!

I hope Disney and The Happy Planner make more fun products in the future!  In the meantime, I'm going to keep myself busy and organized this year with my new Disney Princess Happy Planner items!  Time to break out the colorful pens and stickers!!!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment