Saturday, July 11, 2020

Walt Disney World Is Open!

Today is the day!!!  The magic has officially returned to the Magic Kingdom!!!  After being closed for almost four months, both the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World are finally open to guests again!  Epcot and Hollywood Studios will follow suit with their official opening a few days from now on July 15th.


Earlier this week, Disney has been testing and running the attractions, re-training cast members, having cast preview days and held some private Annual Passholder preview days.  I've really enjoyed seeing posts and videos live from the parks once again.

While Eliot and I had (and still have) no intentions of going back to Walt Disney World this year, there's something about knowing that the parks are open again that makes me feel better.  I might not be able to go there in person, but somewhere, someone else is experiencing the magic of Disney theme parks.  It brings me comfort knowing that cast members are making magic when the world still feels upside down.


Photo Source
Although, I have to admit that I have mixed feelings about this.  Florida is currently a giant hotbed of coronavirus cases, and this past week the number of cases has set an all time high.  I don't think that Disney should not be allowed to open, but I still question how safe it is with Orlando having the highest number of cases behind Miami.  I know Disney will do everything in their power to keep everyone safe, but I have concerns with how selfish a good portion of our country is currently being.  (Wear a mask!!!)  I'm afraid for the cast members who sadly don't really have a choice in this matter.

If you're going to the parks anytime soon, please be kind to your follow guests and to the cast members.  Follow the rules, wear a mask and respect and listen to the cast members. Many of them are excited as well as nervous about going back to work while the numbers of COVID-19 cases are rising steadily in Florida.


Have courage, be kind and do your part to make the world a little more magical.  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment