Thursday, January 2, 2020

2020 Disney Goals

Hello 2020.  You bright, beautiful, glorious new beginning.

The new year last year was very exciting for me because it was my first full year of self-employment.  I had so many things that I wanted to do and I set really high expectations for the 2019 year.  As a result, I inadvertently put a lot of unnecessary stress and pressure on myself.  Looking back, I did accomplish a lot, but not quite as much as I wanted to.


Photo Source
Now, a year later, I'm older and a little bit wiser.  This isn't my first rodeo anymore.  I feel like I can manage my expectations better.  This year, I'm feeling much more settled into my new role and confident in what to expect.  There will be highs and there will be lows, but I'm hoping that the stress and pressure of 2019 is "so last year" going forward.

I have a lot of things that I want to get done this year. I've always been a high achiever and making a list of goals has become an annual tradition for me.  Each year, I make Disney goals and at the end of the year I look back to see what I accomplished.  I've still never completed a full list, but last year I made pretty good headway.  I've been making personal and Disney goals for about 10 years now.  It's something that I really look forward to.  (Read my past Disney goal blog posts: 2014 goals2014 recap2015 goals2015 recap, 2016 goals, 2016 recap2017 goals2019 goals and 2019 recap.)


Much like last year, I'm sticking with the basics.  In fact, I'm pretty much keeping most of the same goals as last year.  The biggest difference is that I've taken off the goals that require traveling like Disneyland, the RunDisney races and the Disney Cruises.  This year is about sticking closer to home and making magic in our daily lives.  Hopefully, 2020 will be the year that I can cross most of these goals off!!!  Let's do this 2020!!!


Photo Source
Melissa's Blog and Disney Goals for 2020

1.) Go to Walt Disney World- This is always my first goal of every new year.  Walt Disney World is truly my happy place, and it's always my goal to go back there!

2.) Get a Puppy and Give it a Disney Name- Eliot and I have wanted to get a puppy for a few years now.  We're finally almost at the point where we'll be ready to!  We're really excited to add a four legged furry friend to the family!  We've even got a few names picked out!


3.) Work on Disney Scrapbooks- I love scrapbooking and I haven't made any new pages since we lived in Massachusetts back before Eliot and I were married.  I really want to go through my supplies and to organize them so I can start working on new pages this year.

4.) Decorate the House for the Holidays- As you know, I love the holidays.  We've been living in so much chaos that Eliot and I haven't decorated the house in years.  We've put a few inflatables out in the yard, but it's not the same.  I really want to get our decorations organized so we can at least decorate for both Halloween and Christmas this year!


5.) Rebrand Blog and Social Media- This has been a goal of mine for a while now.  I've got a lot of ideas and I'm hoping that I can make time to finally do it this year!


6.) Be More Active on Social Media- I was looking at my Instagram recently and I realized that I only posted 10 times in all of 2019 on my personal @mydisneylifeblog account.  In 2018, I only posted on it 15 times.  For those of you counting... that's only 25 times in two whole years.  Some people post that much in a week.  Therefore, I'm making it a goal to be more active on both my Instagram and Facebook accounts!


7.) Refocus on Travel Agent Job- Along with looking at my Instagram, I also looked at all of my business Facebook pages.  My travel agent Facebook page hasn't been active for about two years either.  I'm also going to refocus on that this year.


8.) Make Disney Decor for the Holidays- I love making customized holiday decor!  I've got a list that's so long and it only keeps growing.  I'd really like to make a few things this year!


9.) Make Disney Accessories- I really enjoying creating accessories.  This year, I'd like to make a few infinity scarves in my sewing class.  I'd also like to work on some custom dresses, skirts, jewelry, hair accessories and more handbags!


10.) Have Disney Movie Nights- Now that Eliot and I have Disney+, I want to watch all the movies!!!  I'm also hoping to watch a lot of the old DCOMs (Disney Channel Original Movies).  Eliot had the idea to watch the 100 original DCOMs... so maybe we'll do that!


11.) Have Disney Board Game Nights- Eliot and I have so many board games and we love playing them.  This year, I want to unpack them, get them organized and on display so it'll be easy to break a few out to play!


12.) Disneybound/Themed Outfit Challenge- In the past, I've had a goal to wear 25 character or attraction Disneybound or themed outfits, and I'm going to do that again this year.  Last year, most of my clothes and accessories were put away while we were working on our house.  This year, I want to break them out, organize them and wear them!  
I'd like to incorporate more of my Disney clothes in everyday wear!


13.) Have a Disney Themed Party- I love throwing parties.  This year, I'm really hoping we'll get the house finished and ready for our housewarming party!  It's only taken 4 years... 


14.) Take an Online Class- This goal keeps getting rolled over into the next year.  I've been looking at Storyboarding, Watercoloring and Handwriting classes.  I've already enrolled myself into a self-study watercolor class.  Now, I just need to make time to do it!


15.) Design an Imagineering Project- Eliot and I love brainstorming about new attractions, restaurants, stores, parade floats, shows, and hotel resorts.  This year, I'd like to actually start doing some design work on a fantasy Imagineering project, even if it's just a small one!


16.) Read Disney Books- I have so many wonderful books- Imagineering books, art books, leadership books and Disney fiction books..  I'd really like to take some time to read them.


17.) Paint Disney Art- I have so many fun ideas!  This year, I'd like to make a few pieces, especially since we're really trying to focus on getting our house organized!  I've got plans for artwork in our kitchen/living/dining room, bedrooms, and bathrooms.  Hopefully, I'll have plenty of pictures of my artwork in our house to share by the end of 2020!


18.) Decorate House with Disney Touches- Eliot's and my main goal (besides our never-ending business goals) of 2020 is to finally get settled in our house.  Along with the artwork and holiday decor, I'd like to add some Disney touches throughout our house.  We've bought a bunch of Disney decor items to display, and I've also got a few more handmade designs in mind.  Hopefully, we'll be able to get our house painted, everything unpacked and organized so I can work on this!  I can't wait for it to be finished!


19.) Launch Clothing Line- As I stated above, I love making accessories.  This year, we're launching my clothing and accessory line!  It's been a dream of mine for about four years now, and this year I'm finally making it happen!  Stay tuned!


20.) Launch Home Decor Business- This year, Eliot and I are also launching our new home decor line.  We've been talking about this for about two years.  We've got a lot of ideas and the lists keep growing.  We'll be gearing up for our launch sometime this spring if all goes as planned!  Stay tuned for more information on this too!  


Photo Source
And that's it!  I've given myself another big task and I've got my work cut out for me.  But, like always, I'm also very optimistic and excited for the possibilities of this year!  And I'm feeling especially good about this year.  2020 is the Year of the Rat on the Chinese Zodiac and I was born during the Year of the Rat in 1984.  In addition to that, I was born on November 20th and 20 has always been a lucky number of mine.  This is my year.  I can feel it.

Since writing these posts for my blog, I've also made myself a word of the year.  In the past, I've focused on creating, growth, blossoming, dreaming, imagination and conquering.  I've decided to make 2020's word of the year POSITIVITY.  It's so easy to get sucked into the negativity, and at times that really brought me down last year.  This year, I'm going to try and focus on the positive.  We make our own magic so I'm going to focus on that!


Photo Source
I'm looking forward to another year of possibility, growth and learning.  Let's do this 2020.  Let this be the year that I make my own magic so more of my dreams can come true.  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment