Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Tennessee Travels

There you have it!  I hope you've enjoyed reading about our adventures in Tennessee!


In case you missed one, here are the different blog posts I recapped our trip in:

Part 1: Dollywood
Part 2: Welcome to Nashville
Part 3: She's Gone Country
Part 4: Settling In
Part 5: We're Going to the Zoo

I really had so much fun.  I definitely want to go back and explore more of Nashville and Tennessee. We weren't able to do all of the things that I had on my to do list, and we also discovered a few more things that we'd like to see more of next time.  Plus, there were a few places I'd love to go back to!


I didn't realize how much I would fall in love with the Nashville Zoo.  I didn't really get into it so much in my recaps, but it was the most beautiful zoo I've ever been to.  Rick and Elissa thought it was partly because they had so much land to work with.  It reminded me more of Animal Kingdom than any other zoo I've seen.  The gorgeous landscaping, beautiful buildings and details completely drew me in.  They even had footprints in the walkways just like Animal Kingdom.  They also played music in the background at the front entrance.  If you didn't know any better, you would have sworn you were at Walt Disney World.  I definitely want to go back to the zoo again!


While in Nashville, I had figured that we'd make it to the Country Music Museum and Elissa and I probably could have gone but it didn't make sense.  Eliot would love to see it, so I decided it was best to wait to do that with him.  We also never got a chance to do the hop on, hop off bus tours.  This seemed like a great way to see the city and the major sights.  I'll definitely plan ahead so we can do this next time.

I also didn't get a chance to go to the Gulch to see the wall murals.  I thought about doing it while I had some time on Monday, but it was so hot and I didn't have anyone to go with.  Driving into the city alone didn't really sound very enticing.  I had wanted to check out the popular Instagram locations, but it also seemed silly without having someone to take pictures for me.  I probably would have found someone there, but it was so hot and humid while we were there; it just seemed silly to take pictures of myself looking like a hot mess.  Not very Instagram worthy... haha!


Eliot and I really want to go explore more of Centennial Park.  The park was gorgeous and I'd love to walk around it more when it isn't so warm out.  We'd also like to go back to do a tour of the Grand Ole Opry.  As I mentioned in my recaps, Eliot never made it to see Bridgestone Arena (where the Nashville Predators play) or to Broadway either.  It would be great to go catch a hockey game at the arena and then go check out one of the bars or restaurants on Broadway afterwards.


We'd also like to return to the Opry Mills Mall.  I'd like to check out the Aquarium Restaurant.  Eliot and I are fans of Rainforest Cafe so this would also be a fun one to try out.  (There's also a Rainforest Cafe there too.)  In addition to that, it would be fun to see the Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum.  I'm sure there are a bunch of country music stars in it.  Eliot would love it.  We went to the one in Las Vegas 10 years ago and had a blast taking pictures.


Finally, Eliot and I would really like to return to the Pigeon Forge area.  Other than going to Dollywood, we didn't even scratch the surface on what it or Gatlinburg have to offer.  We could probably spend a good part of a week just exploring out there.  I'd also really love to go to Dollywood again.  It's country charm and gorgeous location in the Smoky Mountain foothills definitely hooked me in.


Thank you Tennessee for showing us a good time and for making Eliot and me excited to come back again!  You've got a special place in my heart!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment