Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Live Action Mulan Trailer

The official teaser trailer for Mulan was released over the weekend and all I can say is "wow!"  If you haven't seen it yet, here it is!


I know reviews of the trailer have been mixed.  I've personally enjoyed all of the live action movies that Disney's made so far, some of them more than others.  (Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin are my top favorites right now.)  But, there is still something about this movie that really excites me.


This movie looks like it'll be more historically accurate to the time in which the movie took place.  Like all of the other live action movies, I've enjoyed the authentic costumes and scenery.  This looks like it'll stray more from the animated version's storyline, but I'm willing to give it a chance.  I'm sure it'll work with the essence of the original movie.

As far as most of the complaints, people are probably correct in the assumption that this live action movie probably won't feel as "magical" as some of the others, but I'm ok with that.  Mulan is about her being a warrior and while I'll miss Mushu and the songs, I think this will still be a great movie.  I'm confident that they'll still have an instrumental version of a lot of the songs anyways.  But, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't miss "I'll Make a Man Out of You"... that's my go to butt kicking song.

The answers to our questions will be answered in March of 2020.  In the meantime, I'll be over here singing "Let's get down to business, to defeat the Huns..."  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment