Monday, July 8, 2019

A Hometown 4th of July

Hi friends!  I hope you all enjoyed your Independence Day holiday weekend!!!


This year, Eliot and I visited my parents and Nana in Bar Harbor for the 4th!  I'm really thankful since last year both Eliot and Jeremy had to work the following day so I made the trek alone.  My brother Jeremy wasn't with us this year (he had to work Friday), but we still had a good time while there!


On the 4th, we stuck to our usual traditions.  My family went into town to enjoy the annual Bar Harbor Fourth of July festivities- including my favorites the parade and fireworks!  Or course, Eliot and I both wore a red, white and blue Disney outfit for the occasion!  Earlier last week, I got us cute Toy Story patriotic shirts at Kohl's and I knew they'd be perfect!  We got so many compliments on them!


We watched the parade in front of my grandparents' old store.  After the parade ended, we headed down to Agamont Park to people watch and relax.  Then, Eliot and I also got lunch at the Epi like we always do!  Then, we headed home for a nap since we hadn't gotten home until 1:30 am the night before.


This year, Eliot and I had plans to meet up with my best friend Katie to watch the fireworks.  After waking up from our naps, we drove over to her house so we could drive into town together.  We went to dinner at Bar Harbor Beerworks.  The three of us split a giant pretzel as an appetitizer.  Then, both of us girls had blueberry martinis... yum!  I had a giant grilled shrimp salad for dinner with blueberry vinigrette dressing and it was so good!  After, we headed over to Agamont Park to enjoy the fireworks!  They were really spectacular this year!  The "grand finale" lasted forever!!!


Friday, Mom, Dad, Nana, Eliot and I continued another family tradition and went into Acadia National Park and over to the Jordan Pond House for popovers.  I was so busy stuffing my face with popover goodness that I didn't even take any pictures this year!

On Saturday, Eliot and I drove back to down to Portland later in the day.  The plan was for Mom, Dad and Nana to drive down as well, and for Jeremy to drive up from New Hampshire so we could all meet up for an overnighter.  We all met up at the Longhorn Steakhouse near the mall around 9:00 pm.  Then, they went to their hotel and Eliot and I went home for the night to sleep in our own bed.


Sunday, Eliot and I got up and went over to their hotel to go swimming.  Afterwards, we got ready before heading over to Old Orchard Beach.  We all walked down to the beach to enjoy the view.  The beach was crazy busy so we enjoyed the view from the boardwalk area.  The sun was hot but there was a cool breeze coming off of the ocean and it felt so good!  After, we found a bench in the shade on the main street and had some fries from Pier Fries... another family favorite.  I also had a frozen banana with rainbow sprinkles before we left the main street.  It was delicious!!!


Afterwards, we went mini golfing at Pirates Cove.  We usually try to go to the one in Bar Harbor, but we decided to try something different since we weren't able to go while we were all home over Labor Day.  It was a lot of fun!  Dad and I both won while tied at 50 and Eliot had 51.  Then, Mom and Jeremy finished a few points behind.  After our game, we all said our goodbyes and headed home in our respective directions.


It was pretty low-key but it was a lot of fun to enjoy a hometown 4th of July weekend.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend filled with celebration and fun!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment