Friday, April 5, 2019

When the Going Gets Tough...

We're back from sunny California!  Despite the scoreboard not tilting in the San Jose Sharks favor, Eliot and I had a great time.  It definitely was a trip we'll never forget!

In addition, my ear finally cleared itself somewhere on the return trip from San Jose to Maine.  Although, it wasn't the resounding *pop* I was expecting... I just suddenly realized I could hear from my right ear again.  There wasn't much celebration though... as instead I've got yet another wave of the flu bug.  (And this wave has been the worst of it so far.  Argh.)  I really can't seem to catch a break this winter.

I'll recap our California trip more in another post.  I honestly don't have much energy and I can only stay at my computer for a little bit before resorting to the comfort of the couch or bed.  This trip definitely deserves all the glory of my full energy.


In the meantime, I've gotten well acquainted with the back of my eyelids.  On Tuesday, I actually took two separate naps totaling 6 hours.  (I even missed the entire first period of the Sharks game, including a goal from my favorite player who made his return off the injured list.)  I returned to bed promptly when the game was over.

Wednesday and Thursday were much of the same.  I mustered enough energy to go to Eliot's and my Resin Geode class last night, and I did pretty well.  I really enjoyed it and had a lot of fun creating a different design than my other one.  Eliot enjoyed the abstract nature a lot more than he's enjoyed going to paint nights.  Unfortunately, I paid for it on the way home.  While he was picking up a few quick things in Walmart, I got coughing so badly that I almost threw up.  It's been alarming how many times I've caught myself gasping for air or feeling like I'm choking when I'm coughing.

So, here I sit with absolutely no idea what move to make next.  I've taken six different medications over the past month.  At this point, I don't even know what to take since my symptoms seem to change hourly.  One hour I think I need sinus congestion medicine and then the next I can't stop coughing.  I've never been one to like doctors and hospitals, but part of me is tempted to go to the emergency room to beg them to make me feel better.  My daydreams have shifted from lazy days at Castaway Cay to laying in a hospital bed with someone taking care of my aching body.

But, when the going gets tough, the tough get going.  I've never been one to let life pass me by.  So even though I feel like absolute crap, I keep chugging on.  (At least I'm attempting to!)  I'm trying to focus first on taking care of myself: getting sleep, drinking fluids and resting a lot.  Then, I'm trying to get us caught up on mouse ear orders.  The rest will fall into place. Hopefully, I'll emerge from this sickness once and for all!  °o°

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon...Spring is coming, I also live in Maine and our snow is finally gone. Rest and be well...

    ReplyDelete