Sunday, March 3, 2019

A Revision To My 30 Things in My 30's List

Well, I thought it was time to check in on my 30 Things to Do During My 30's List.  It's been in the back of my mind lately... especially since I left my job and I'm looking to spend more time on personal endeavors going forward.

You may recall that I decided to make this list after discovering that a lot of people make 30 things to do before turning 30 lists.  I heard about it shortly before my 30th birthday and it didn't leave me much time to make a list, much less to complete it!  You know how much I love a good bucket list.  This concept intrigued me and it seemed like a great idea to make a longer term bucket list of sorts, so I made one.

Photo Source: Disney
I kicked off my 30th year with a Rapunzel and Tangled themed birthday party.  Instead of looking at turning 30 with dread like most people do, I chose to look at it as the next big adventure.  I've always identified with Rapunzel's sense of wonder and how she always has a dream.  Therefore, I created a list that captures that philosophy and spirit.

However, recently I've decided to make a few changes to my list.  Upon reflecting and checking in to see where I'm at, I realized that a few things that were so important to me a few years ago, just aren't important to me anymore.  I flip flopped between keeping them and stubbornly trying to attempt them anyways, but after this past week, I've decided that I'm going to change them to reflect my current desires.  

Originally, this list was mostly comprised of Disney-centric goals.  So now, I'm updating the list to include a few things outside of Disney.  Passions and goals can change.  At this point in my life, I have absolutely no desire to do a half marathon, nor is it healthy for me to do so with my knee problems.  This has been the case since the get-go and I'm finally at the point where I'm accepting it.  Three of my original goals were based off of completing a half marathon, so instead of forfeiting those goals, I've decided to replace them with things I'm more passionate about now.  The last goal I'm replacing is one that's always on my annual goal list, so it seemed silly to leave it here.  (It was probably just a filler at that point in time anyways... so it's gonna leave this list too!)

So here's my updated list.  The deleted goals are in red and the new ones in blue.  I've crossed the original goals out and replaced them with the goals now taking their place.

30 Things To Do During My 30's (Updated List):
  1. Visit Disneyland During the 60th Anniversary 
  2. Buy Our First House 
  3. Go On Our First Disney Cruise
  4. Get a Puppy
  5. Have Kids
  6. Attend a D23 Convention
  7. Ride in the Lily Belle Train Car
  8. Go to Disney for Dapper Day
  9. Ride a Horse
  10. Get My Photo Taken with Every Disney Princess
  11. Visit Pixar Studios
  12. Complete a Disney Half Marathon Go on a Christmas Disney Cruise
  13. Visit Walt Disney World during the 50th Anniversary
  14. Ride in a Hot Air Balloon
  15. Go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
  16. Take a Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour
  17. Read a Book in French
  18. Complete a Disney Race Challenge Finish 5 Disney Races of Any Distance
  19. Go to Aulani
  20. Visit the Walt Disney Family Museum
  21. Swim with a Dolphin
  22. Go on all of the Opening Day Attractions at Disneyland in one day
  23. Earn a Coast to Coast Medal Reach Gold Level in DCL Castaway Club
  24. Visit Disney Animation Studios
  25. Travel Somewhere New
  26. Go to a Disney Christmas Parade Taping
  27. Host a Dinner Party Learn 10 New Crafting Techniques or Mediums
  28. Go to the Magic Kingdom on it's 50th Birthday (October 1st of 2021)
  29. Launch Other Business Ideas
  30. Have a 10th Anniversary Vow Renewal
I'm really happy with how this new list looks!  I no longer have this pit in my stomach when looking at it... now I'm back to feeling like I can conquer anything!  I also have a few things on it to cross off!  I think I'll try to post an update to how it's going closer to my 35th birthday later this year!  Wow!  35!  It's hard to think that I'm already about halfway through my 30's!  Time to get working on the rest of this list!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment