Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Two Lost Stars

Hi friends, I hope you had a wonderful holiday.  Eliot and I had an amazing time visiting with my family at my parents' house.  I was going to write up a Christmas recap and to show you some of the Disney stuff we got, but I'm not feeling up to it tonight.  Instead, I'm counting my blessings and extra thankful for the time I spent with loved ones.

I'm sure you've heard, the world lost Carrie Fisher, aka Princess Leia, yesterday.  My Facebook and Instagram feeds were filled with sadness and sorrow over the loss of our beloved princess.  But Carrie was so much more than that, she broke barriers for women, spoke out about mental illness and she was an incredible woman.

Photo Source
A few minutes ago, I learned that her mother, Debbie Reynolds passed away earlier today.  I'm completely devastated for that family... to lose two family members in less than 48 hours is incomprehensible.  I can't even begin to wrap my head around it.  I feel so awful for Carrie's daughter, Billie.  My mother and Nana are two of the most important people in my entire life.  I can't even fathom losing them both.

Of course, the Disney and Star Wars family mourns the loss of these two amazing women too.  I'm not a diehard Star Wars fan, but I enjoy the movies and I was planning to re-watch them all in 2017.  (Someone really needs to get her Star Wars timeline straightened out.)  And the Halloweentown movies were always a favorite of mine growing up.  It doesn't feel like Halloween until I've watched at least one of the movies.

Photo Source
It feels like 2016 has been cruel to celebrities... or maybe I'm just getting older and now I actually know who more of these people are.  Nevertheless, I'm hoping that 2017 will be kinder to all of us.  Rest in peace Carrie and Debbie.  Thank you for sharing your talents with the world.  You will not be forgotten.  May the force be with you both. °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment