Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Happily Hatting

Hi Friends!!!  I'm so sorry I disappeared again.  It's been a crazy whirlwind around here- the holiday season usually is.  Eliot and I have been up to our eyeballs in mouse ear and soap orders and we've also been working on new designs!  It's been insane, but so much fun!  (And as always, we're so grateful for our customers!)  Now that I'm finally able to catch my breath for a minute, I thought I'd show you a few of the things I've been working on for Happily Ever Hatter!


Confession, these first three designs are actually ones that I made for our Walt Disney World trip back in September/October.  Our trip was so crazy fast, that we weren't even able to wear them, but we're planning to bring them for Princess Half Weekend!


The first, is my favorite, Tigger.  I made Eeyore ears a while ago, and I'm very happy to finally have a Tigger design to match.  He came out just as I imagined, and I'm head over heels in love with his fuzzy tail!  Plus, Eliot finally got his own pair of Eeyore ears!


The next design is my Haunted Mansion Maid ear hat.  I've wanted to make this hat since I started making ears a few years ago.  I'm glad I waited, because I got the exact fabric and look that I wanted.  It was well worth the wait!  The stars aligned and I love it!  I can't wait to get some Haunted Mansion pictures in a few months!


Of course, where there's a HM Maid, there's got to be a Haunted Mansion Butler!  This was another design that I've been "dying" to bring to life.  I love it!


I made this nurse ear hat design for my friend, and fellow Key to the World travel agent, Stephanie.  Her husband just graduated from nursing school so she had me make these for their trip to Walt Disney World!  I love the scrubs with the little pocket, the Mickey heartbeat and the stethoscope with Mickey on it!


Next, is a design that I pulled together over the past few weeks.  I had a customer who wanted an Ariel design that was different from the ear hat Disney sells.  He wanted to give it to a friend for Christmas.  I looked into a few ideas, but in the end, I'm so glad we went with Kiss the Girl Ariel!  I've already cut out pieces to make one for myself!


I've wanted to make this design for two years.  In fact, I cut the pieces out two years ago when Eliot and I lived in the house we were renting.  I had every intention to finish it, but Christmas came and went so fast I couldn't finish it in time.  Fast forward to last year, when we were moving into our new house.  I had to table it again since all of my supplies were in storage.  This year, I was determined to finally bring Christmas Anna to life.  It's a twist on my regular Anna ear hat design, and I love how it turned out!


And, what's Christmas Anna without Christmas Elsa?  This one was always in the plan, but I hadn't actually bought the materials until this year.  I found the perfect silver fabric for her skirt, and I'm so glad that I went with the red, white and silver color scheme.  It's regal and elegant, but still packs plenty of holiday punch!  And it's so sparkly!!!


Which brings me to the best part of more designs... this is what our Christmas tree looks like right now!  Eliot and I really wanted to put our tree up, but didn't want to get the ornaments out since we're still unpacking everything slowly.  Instead, we decided to decorate the tree with my Happily Ever Hatter designs!  Not only is it beautiful, but it brings me so much pride to see all of my designs displayed next to the twinkling lights.


And I'm no where near finished making new designs.  I've got a lot of ideas up my sleeve.  I'm already talking with customers about a few other new designs.  I'm in a really good creative zone, and I already have supplies for a bunch of my ideas.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to make a few more new designs early in the New Year!  °o°
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment