Saturday, November 26, 2016

Shop Small

Hi friends!  I just wanted to pop in quickly to remind you that today is Small Business Saturday!!!  As a small shop owner, it's really important to remind people to support their local business owners, as well as us handmade makers who sell online!

I make a lot of purchase at "big box" stores, but I always look for more unique items from handmade sellers.  There's something special about opening something from those people. I really love receiving an item from someone who put their heart and soul into it.  It makes the item more special, and certainly more unique!



Of course, Eliot and I have our own small shops: my shop Happily Ever Hatter and his shop Snowblade Creations.  And for those of you who don't know, I'm also a travel planner for Key to the World Travel.  If you're planning a trip to Disney, I'd love to help!


However, this year I wanted to highlight a few of my favorite small shops.  There are so many, and I've discovered and followed a ton of them through Instagram!  These are a few small shops that I've personally purchased from over the past year!  (You've probably seen a few of these, but a lot of them I haven't shared on here before!)

Recently, I've started purchasing a few ear headbands from other sellers.  I wanted to support my fellow ear makers!  My favorite shop that I've purchased from is Elephant and Mouse.  Maggie makes great designs and I already own 4 of her creations!!!


Earlier this year, I was able to purchase a hand painted pendant necklace by Savanna Rodriguez.  I've admired her work via Instagram for awhile.  I was fortunate to grab one during a recent shop opening.  It's absolutely stunning!


I love these postcards that I got from Artist Marnie.  She paints beautiful paintings and I had to get some of her postcards for my art wall that I'm dreaming of!  These are stunning and I hope to purchase some prints from her soon!


Earlier this year, I got some accessories from Le Petit Mouse.  I ordered a Rapunzel Pendant Necklace and a Starbucks Necklace/Brooch.  I love them!  I'm sure I'll be ordering more items from her soon!


I also got these custom dresses from Shadows13Bows.  They're awesome!


For Valentine's Day, I bought this limited edition Rapunzel ring from AOS Design.  I've been admiring these from afar and my only regret is that I didn't order one sooner!  I just wore it for the first time the other day and it's perfection.


I also had to get something special for our house.  I finally worked out a theme and design for our open concept kitchen,dining room and living room.  I found these pillows from Carlson Quilt Fabrics.  I love them!


As you've probably gathered, I'm really into scarves.  They're the perfect accessory in the winter.  At this point, I have a giant Disney scarf collection!  I absolutely love my Mickey and Friends Cupcake scarf from PlayItByEars!  My Tsum Tsum scarf is from MadeByMelephant.  I love it.  It's so soft!


I ordered my first fascinator this year for Spring Dapper Day at Disneyland.  I decided to dress up as Diamond Celebration Minnie so I had to get this from Hat and Mouse.  I also got this cute brooch from LilSweetumsBowtique.


Speaking of brooches, I've also ordered a ton of them from LilSweetumsBowtique on her Instagram page.  She does sales about once a month on ready to ship items and my brooch collection is huge.  Here's a small sample of the ones I now have from her!


My favorite Disney jewelry sweet shop is Enchanted Candy Carousel.  April makes amazing designs and my collection of her handmade items is also growing!  I have a few new designs for Christmas on their way soon, including my second fascinator!


I purchased my first order from Pretty Little Monograms earlier this year when they had an awesome sale!  I had been wanting a nameplate necklace in the Disney font for a while and this was the perfect opportunity.  I also caved and bought myself a hot pink monogramed shirt!  I love it and will probably be ordering more next year!


Finally, I'm absolutely loving my clothing from Oh Sew Magical.  Linsay makes awesome adult leggings and skirts.  I have one pair of her leggings, a few skirts, (a few more on order...) and an autograph shirt!  I love them and know I will be ordering more!


I love all of these small shops and hope that you will consider supporting one this holiday season!  We all love and appreciate each and every one of our customers!  

"When you buy from a small mom or pop business, you are not helping a CEO buy a third vacation home.  You are helping a little girl get dance lessons, a little boy get his team jersey, a mom or dad put food on the table, a family pay a mortgage, or a student pay for college.  Our customers are our shareholders and they are the ones we strive to make happy.  Thank you for supporting Small Businesses!" - unknown  °o°

2 comments:

  1. What fun...love to see your shopping treasures! It is like watching a Disney Haul on YouTube, only better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I have so many fun treasures from Disney and from handmade sellers. This isn't even all of it, but I could only find so many of my pictures. I'll have to start setting them aside in a folder as I take them next year! ;-)

    ReplyDelete