Wednesday, November 16, 2016

November Adventures

As I mentioned yesterday, the past few weeks have been busy.  In fact, Eliot and I have been busier than ever- if that's even possible.  Our work schedules have kept us busy, and when we haven't been working, we've been trying to get everything else done.  I'm coming to the realization that I'm always going to feel like I'm behind.  I've got too much that I want to do, too much that I want to create.  There will never be enough time to get "caught up" and I'm just going to have to get used to it.


At my chiropractic job, we're back to our five day work week.  I'm back to my normal schedule of working four days a week, but my work days are a little bit longer than they used to be.  But that's not a problem.  My co-worker retired this past spring and the important thing is that I'm getting things done and the work load isn't as overwhelming as I thought it was going to be!  Plus, extra hours means a little extra money!

Eliot's been busy with work too.  He's got a deadline coming up before Thanksgiving, so that's going to mean a lot of late nights.  But, I'm used to being home alone for a lot of the evening, and it doesn't really bother me.  I wish he was able to help me with a few things around the house, but hopefully his project will get done and be over soon!


When Eliot hasn't been at work, he's been designing new IllusionEars.  I think I've created a mouse ear making monster.  Not only has he designed a few new ears, but he's also gotten deeply involved with the painting process.  Most nights, I find him at the table painting something, but at least he's having fun with it.  Plus, it means that we'll have that many more designs that we can debut in my shop soon!

Speaking of Happily Ever Hatter, I'm working on a few custom designs for my travel agent friends.  Tis the season and custom mouse ears are the perfect gift for a Disney fan!  I've also got a few holiday designs in the works for one of my past customers.  I'm really excited to be working on new designs.  I can't wait to see what I come up with!


I'm definitely getting into the Christmas spirit.  In fact, Eliot's already brought home a few Christmas things.  A few weeks ago, he came home with a bag from Target and he told me that he'd "been bad" and spent more than he should have.  However, I couldn't be mad at him.  He had bought himself a Santa Mickey shirt, pj pants, and a Mickey Christmas sweater, and he got me the Mickey Christmas sweater I'd had my eye on.


A few days after that, he brought home the Santa Mickey door greeter that I'd spotted in Walmart.  When he purchased Mickey, there were still two Minnies left, but of course, when he went back to get her she was sold out.  Thankfully, my Dad and I found her at our other local Walmart last Friday!


Eliot also surprised me with a Tsum Tsum stocking.  It was perfect timing since he got it right about the same time that my custom Tsum Tsum Christmas fabric came in the mail.  They almost match each other perfectly!


Speaking of Tsum Tsums, I finally settled on a bathroom theme for our downstairs bathroom.  We were going to do a general Disney theme and use the shower curtain and stuff that I had when I got my first apartment.  However, I know Eliot doesn't really like that set, and I wasn't 100% feeling it myself.  The other day, I came across some Tsum Tsum towels from Kohls.  I kept it in the back of my mind.  Then, I discovered that Bed, Bath and Beyond had an actual Tsum Tsum bath collection.  The set is adorable and it's perfect.  I'm so excited to finally have a theme for that bathroom!


In fact, this past weekend, my Dad came down to help Eliot and I work on a few projects around the house.  Daddy helped me clean out the downstairs bathroom, behind the washer and dryer, and inside the washer components.  We organized the laundry closet, painted the bathroom, and started to paint the garage entryway.


We got a television mount for our master bedroom.  We installed the fancy new shower curtain rod in our master bathroom.  Dad and Eliot put all the summer stuff away for the winter.  And most exciting for me, we picked out a shiny new kitchen faucet and Dad and Eliot installed it Sunday afternoon!  We're still far from finished, but the house is feeling more and more like our dream home every day!


Most recently, I've gotten really excited about the upcoming Beauty and the Beast live action movie!  Have you seen the trailer yet?  (If you haven't, you must see it!)  It was released on Monday and it looks amazing.  I'm so excited to go see it in March.  I'm hoping there will be tons of Beauty and the Beast merchandise released like there was for Cinderella.  Eliot's favorite princess is Belle and I'm sure he'll be thrilled!


As you can see, it's been pretty busy around here!  The rest of this week will be no exception.  My birthday is this Sunday.  (I can't believe it's already here!)  In addition to that, Eliot's sister Sara is flying in on Saturday and will be joining Eliot, Elissa and me for Thanksgiving break.  Eliot thinks it's been at least 10 years since he was in the same place as both of his sisters for Thanksgiving so this will be special.  Thursday, we'll be joining my Mom's side of the family for our annual Thanksgiving meal.  Then, Eliot and I are hoping to do something fun with the girls that weekend!

I'm sure it'll be a whirlwind, but I'll be sure to check in when I can!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment