Monday, October 10, 2016

Re-Entry

We've all been there.  You're getting back from a week long vacation at Walt Disney World.  You had a magical time and for the most part, the "real world" basically ceased to exist.  Now, it's time for re-entry, the process of coming out of your fairytale vacation and getting back to your everyday life.  And we all know, re-entry completely stinks.


Thankfully, this time hasn't been as hard as past times.  I can honestly say that I've had another successful departure from the Magic Kingdom without bawling during my last glance at Cinderella Castle.  Maybe part of that was because I was ready to get out of Hurricane Matthew's path.  Maybe it's because I knew that four short months from now, Eliot and I will be back at Walt Disney World for Princess Half Marathon Weekend.

Either way, this hasn't been quite as awful as it could be.  I'll have had four days to catch up on rest, since I don't have to go back to work until tomorrow.  Unfortunately, the four days of rest wasn't enough to clear my head cold from my system.  In fact, it's only gotten worse which is unfortunate since this week is the longest work week I've had in a year.  (I have a conference for my day job Friday and Saturday.)  Here's hoping that I get better soon.  Otherwise, I'll be the one at the back of the conference sneezing and coughing my head off.


I brought a little more Disney magic home with me.  This time, I opted to bring one candy apple, a cake pop and a marshmallow pop- all personal favorites of mine, and all completely delicious!  This is one of the best cures for post trip blues.

We've also been going through all of our merchandise.  Eliot and I pretty much broke the bank with our Disney Cruise and Castaway Cay purchases.  We basically spent our entire souvenir budget on those items, but since it was our first cruise, I have no regrets.  It just means I had to break into the cash I've tucked away for months for our few Walt Disney World treasures and Walmart finds!


Moving forward, we're ready to get back into the game.  It's going to be a busy few months as I'm going to start seriously training for the Princess Half- as soon as I can breathe normally anyways!  Eliot has a million new ideas for IllusionEars, and we'll be launching a ton of those new designs for Happily Ever Hatter soon.  I'm also inspired with tons of new ear designs.  Hopefully, I'll be able to make a dent in those too!

I'm also getting ready to launch my next big business adventure over the next few weeks.  I got a ton of compliments for my items while on our cruise and trip.  I'm really excited for what this might have in store for me!  I'll be working on Christmas designs in the next few weeks!  So stay tuned!


Finally, Eliot and I are going to try to finish painting the upstairs of the house.  We've had good intentions, but it's been hard to get motivated when it's been so hot.  Now that it's fall and things are cooling off, we're ready to finish the master bedroom and our master bathroom.  Both rooms are almost done, so that's really exciting!  Next, we'll move onto painting the rest of the house.  And then comes the fun part... decorating!!!

As always, re-entry into the "real world" after a Disney trip is not my favorite, but it's good to have a lot to look forward too.  The Disney magic never truly leaves us.  And I have to admit, it is good to be home.  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment