Friday, August 12, 2016

Isaac's Olaf Birthday Party

Hi friends!  It's been another busy week.  When I haven't been at work, I've been home trying to complete tasks on my growing to do list while listening to the Olympics in the background!  (I've made some progress today, but I think it's going to be another busy weekend.)  Thankfully, it hasn't been all work and no play!


Last weekend, Eliot and I went up to my parents' house for a weekend getaway.  My cousin's little boy, Isaac, was celebrating his third birthday!  You might recall that we also went to Isaac's Mickey themed party for his first birthday.  I helped Kaitlin plan some of that party.  This time around, he had an Olaf themed party.


A few months ago, I sent Kaitlin a bunch of ideas I'd found on Pinterest.  I threw Eliot a surprise Olaf themed party for his 27th birthday last year.  I still had a ton of ideas that I wasn't able to use.  Plus, this was more of a summer Olaf themed event.  Fun!


Eliot, Nana and I arrived a little early so we could help with some last minute prep work.  Kaitlin had me draw Olaf's face and buttons on the floating snowman in blue Jello, or "Happy Snowman."  I think it came out really cute!  Pinterest win!


We had a blast and I'm pretty sure all the kids had a ton of fun.  Kaitlin and David have the perfect backyard for hosting parties.  There's plenty of room to play.  There was themed food, an Olaf piñata, and even a water balloon "snowball" fight at the end.  But I didn't take photos of the water balloon fight.  I was afraid my phone would get hit!


I think my favorite detail was Isaac's birthday cake!  It was another idea off of Pinterest and it's so simple to make a cute beach scene using brown sugar!  The cupcakes were also really cute with their little sunglasses and umbrellas!


Happy Birthday Isaac!!!  I hope you enjoyed your Olaf birthday party!!! °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment