Sunday, January 10, 2016

KTTW Christmas Exchanges

As I mentioned the other day, I love sending and receiving magical Mickey mail.  It's also no secret that I love my Key to the World travel agent family.  So when I found out we were planning to do a few holiday exchanges, I was definitely in for some fun!


We had an optional Christmas Card Exchange.  I signed up to participate along with about 40 other agents.  We had to send a minimum of five cards, but we were allowed to mail more if we wanted to.  This year, I didn't want to bite off more than I could chew since they already went in the mail a little later then they were supposed to.  (Moving into a new house and sending out Christmas cards at the same time can get dicey.)  I sent the minimum to my required list, plus a few extras to my close KTTW friends.


We also had a KTTW Sock and Sweets Swap.  I've never done one before, but it was a blast.  You basically send your partner a pair of socks and some candy, a snack or a treat.  I loved seeing everyone's pictures of their socks and sweets on our Facebook group page.  One of the guys sent another agent holey socks.  It was hilarious!

I was paired up with Jill.  I sent her a pair of fuzzy Christmas color polka dotted aloe infused socks and I got myself a pair so we'd be sock twins!  I also sent her a candy cane, Santa Pez, and a small box of Russell Stover chocolates.


Jill's package took a little longer to get to me, but it wasn't her fault.  (I had forgotten to update KTTW with our new mailing address!)  After my package went on the grand tour, it was forwarded to our new house.  Unfortunately by that point, our mailbox had been knocked over and was sitting on the ground.  Once the USPS tracking said it should be out for delivery, I knew it was sitting at the post office for me to pick up!


I retrieved my package and brought it home to open.  My jaw dropped- Jill got me five pairs of Minion socks!!!  She also included an 8 oz package of Disneyland peanut brittle!  Yum!  I love my gift and she really outdid herself.  Thank you so much Jill!!!

This was a ton of fun.  I'm honored to be part of this wonderful family of travel agents!  I really hope we do another Christmas swap again next year!!!  °o°

(Note: Sorry for the lack of photos.  This was right in the middle of me not having a cell phone so I wasn't able to take photos of my Christmas cards or my swap package!)

No comments:

Post a Comment