Saturday, November 28, 2015

Small Business Saturday

Hello!  I hope you're enjoying your holiday weekend!  Did you get some Black Friday deals?  Eliot and I didn't go shopping, but I did order a few Disney buttons from Etsy.

Photo Source: Small Business Saturday
As you probably know, today is Small Business Saturday!  I'm very passionate about shopping small and shopping handmade.  Both sets of my grandparents ran their own small businesses and my parents own and operate their tax business.  I've been brought up learning to work hard for what you have and it's a lesson I'm grateful for.

I just wanted to remind you to shop small if you can.  I purchase things at many "big box" stores, but it brings me great joy to purchase from other small shops on Etsy.  There's something special about receiving something from someone who took the time to hand-make it with love and care.


There are many great small Disney themed shops out there, including Eliot's and my shops Happily Ever Hatter and Snowblade Creations.  For those of you who don't know, I'm also a travel planner for Key to the World Travel and I'd love to help you plan your trips to Disney and other destinations for free.


"When you buy from a small mom or pop business, you are not helping a CEO buy a third vacation home.  You are helping a little girl get dance lessons, a little boy get his team jersey, a mom or dad put food on the table, a family pay a mortgage, or a student pay for college.  Our customers are our shareholders and they are the ones we strive to make happy.  Thank you for supporting Small Businesses!" - unknown  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment