Friday, October 2, 2015

WDW Dapper Day Fall 2015

I'm excited to announce Eliot and I are attending our first Dapper Day tomorrow!  (Those of you who read my trip bucket list from Wednesday probably noticed that was on the list.  I meant to post this the other day but I got busy and forgot!)  I was so excited when I found out our trip coincided with the Walt Disney World Dapper Day Fall Soirée!

Photo Source: Dapper Day

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, Dapper Day is an informal outing to the Disney Parks on a specific day.  Everyone "steps out in style" in nice dress clothes- from vintage inspired to modern looks.  Back when Walt Disney first opened Disneyland, everyone attended the parks dressed in their Sunday best because it was a privilege to go there.  I see this as a tribute to that ideal.

Dapper Day was started by fans in 2011 and has become a huge event at Disneyland, Walt Disney World and Disneyland Paris.  The event takes place during both the spring and the fall.  This year, the Dapper Day Fall Soiréat Walt Disney World is tomorrow, Saturday, October 3rd at Disney's Hollywood Studios park!

I wish I'd taken more time to plan out our outfits.  I would have loved to do a vintage look.  Unfortunately, we pulled something together last minute, but it still works for this time!  If you're attending, we're going to try to do the meet up at the Chinese Theater at 5:30 pm.  Maybe we'll see you there Dapper Friends!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment