Friday, June 12, 2015

Scrapbook Swap: Patriotic Picnic

I've done another swap with my Disney Scrapbook Facebook group!  In the past, I've also participated in the Christmas in July Card Swap, the Christmas Layout Swap, the Valentine's Day Layout Swap and the Easter Layout Swap.  I really love these, especially when they're holiday themed!


The process for this swap was the same as the others I've participated in.  Some of the choices included: fireworks, flags, stars and stripes, picnic table, picnic basket, BBQ grill, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip, Dale, photo mats, border, and a title.


I selected flags.  Some of you might recall the 4th of July Mickey Flag printables I designed for 4th of July last summer.  When I saw the swap theme, I had an idea of what I wanted to do based on that design!  


I didn't have any design files for my Cricut, so once again I used my trusty paper cutter, paper punches and my own creativity.  For the Mickey flags, I designed a pattern and then traced it onto my card stock.  Then I cut them all out by hand.  I added the white stripes I cut with my paper cutter.  Then I glued them all together.  Finally, I trimmed the edges of the stripes down and added the silver stars!



Overall, it probably took me about 6 hours to make both sets of flags.  It's definitely a lot of hard work when you're cutting everything by hand.  But I think it was worth it.  I love how both designs came out!  Here are my flags all packaged and ready to get mailed to the swap coordinator along with my $6 for my cuts to be mailed back to me.


My package arrived the other day and I love it!!!  This has to be one of my favorite swaps so far.  All of the designs were so creative!  Plus, I'm a total sucker for the 4th of July, BBQs and Picnics.  These are a few of my favorite designs!  I love Mickey fireworks!  I really like the Mickey and Minnie pennants.  The frames are cute and I love how one of the journal cards is a Mickey ice cream sandwich!  The little ants are adorable.  They'll go perfectly with the picnic table!  My absolute favorite from this swap has to be the Mickey Mouse grill.  It's so cute.  I might have to save that for scrapbooking our Disney Side BBQ from last summer!


This was a ton of fun, and it isn't over yet!  I mailed out my next swap yesterday!  And I have another I'm working on that needs to be mailed out in another week or so.  That design will require me finally using my Cricut for a swap!  Yay!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment