Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Never Ending Winter

Well, here we are with yet another winter storm.  (Surprise, surprise!)  We're supposed to get another 4-8 inches?!?!?!  Where on earth are we going to put it with the foot and a half that we've already accumulated in the last week and a half?

Photo Source: Pinterest (Original Pin)
With all of this talk about the weather and the continuous impending doom, it's reminded me of another February storm from last year.  Nemo!

Photo Source: Pinterest (Original Pin)
I think we've all dubbed this year the winter of Elsa.  I mean, it's basically been freezing across the entire country for weeks now.  And we keep getting pelted with snow.  Who else could it be right?

Photo Source: Pinterest (Original Pin)
Note: When I told Elsa about this theory at Disney, she told me she didn't think it was her. But she didn't remember freezing over her own kingdom either.  Anyways... whether or not she remembers doing it, I think I know who I'm going to blame.

Photo Source: Pinterest (Original Pin)
I guess the positive to all of this snow and cold weather is that I'm pretty reluctant to even leave the house.  I've been able to get a lot of cleaning, crafting and organizing done these past few weeks.  Other than going out to get more materials, I've pretty much enjoyed the interior of our home!

Photo Source: Pinterest (Original Pin)
Another plus for you guys is that once I get these projects finished, you will be able to enjoy the fruit of my labor through some tutorials and printables.  (And some cool pictures of our very Disney-fied house.)

Photo Source: Pinterest (Original Pin)
So, to celebrate the never-ending-winter of Elsa, here are some Disney weather humor pictures for your enjoyment!  

Photo Source: Pinterest (Original Pin)
I have to admit that I find it amusing how people can put a little Disney spin into pretty much anything and everything.

Photo Source: Pinterest (Original Pin)
On a side note, a lot of these pictures were probably originally shared on Facebook and Tumblr.  I saved a ton of photos that I came across from winter storm Nemo last year before I started blogging.  

Instead of posting a bunch of photos with no sources, I hunted these down on Pinterest. Thus, all of the Pinterest links as sources.  Not the most credible photo source, but it worked for the simple amusement factor of this post.

Photo Source: Pinterest (Original Pin)
And, in all seriousness, winter storms aren't really funny.  People get injured (or worse) in them all the time.  I'm a Maine girl, so we usually laugh off winter and snow because we're used to it.  It kind of comes with the whole "Mainer" territory.

Photo Source: Pinterest (Original Pin)
It's not so funny when people who aren't used to it, or whose cities are not prepared for it, get a huge winter storm.  (Love to my friends down south!  Stay safe!!!)

Photo Source: Pinterest (Original Pin)
I could go on and on about global warming... but this post is supposed to be about finding the light heartedness of life through Disney fun.

Photo Source: Pinterest (Original Pin)
And has anybody else noticed that Walt Disney World and Disneyland seem immune to the snow and cold... yeah, that's what I thought!  Good planning ahead Disney!  ;-)

Stay warm and safe Disney friends!!!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment