Saturday, August 17, 2013

Graduation 5 Years Ago Today


Five years ago today I graduated from Wentworth Institute of Technology.  I can't believe that it's been 5 years already!

Wentworth Commencement August 17, 2008.
You're probably wondering how on earth this relates to Disney.  I went to school for interior design, and when I graduated I had big dreams of becoming an Interior Designer for Disney Imagineering.  Throughout the past five years, I've decided that I want to run my own business someday since I need a creative outlet with few boundaries.  Instead of becoming an actual Imagineer, my husband and I dream up our own designs for rides and attractions at Disney.  (It's more fun when the sky is the limit and there are absolutely no budgets involved right?)  Maybe I'll share some designs in the future!  ;-)

Wentworth Institute of Technology Interior Design Graduate!
Wentworth felt like home away from home, plus it's school colors are black, gold and red… sound familiar?  They're pretty much the same colors as my favorite Mouse!  So that worked out nicely for Eliot and me.  (I bought Eliot and myself Mickey Mouse colored tie dye shirts and it doubled as his WIT graduation present.)

Wentworth Commencement August 17, 2008.
I also have an amazing print that I ordered from SomethingPrintable on Etsy.  Victoria Ann makes beautiful prints and I had to have one to match my husband's (he got one as a gift from our friends BJ and Katie).  So I also have this awesome Mickey Graduation Print to proudly display on our wall!

My Mickey Graduation Print from Something Printable.
Finally, the most meaningful tie in to Disney was with a photo of me and my dog Lucky.  Lucky was 13 when he went to my graduation ceremony.  I wanted a photo with my puppy and it wasn't until after graduation when I put the pictures on my laptop that I noticed a familiar outline hidden in the sunlight behind our heads.  (Can you find the Hidden Mickey?)

Lucky and me after the ceremony.  Can you find the Hidden Mickey?
We lost Lucky a little over a year after this photo was taken.  But it's my absolute favorite picture of the two of us.  It's almost like someone was trying to send me a message on my graduation day.  I may not ever become a "real" Imagineer, but the possibilities are endless, and I'll find the right path for me.  After all "if you can dream it, you can do it."  °o°

My interior design classmates, friends and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment