Thursday, August 22, 2013

Disney Holiday Weakness: Part 1


Alright, so it's time for a confession.  I am absolutely addicted to Disney's merchandise.  (What Disney fan isn't, right?)  We have Disney items in every room of our house.  Basically, there's something Disney related no matter what direction you look in.  But their holiday items… they make me total mush.  Take all of my money Disney.  I really should get at direct deposit from my bank account to Disney set up.  Anyways… 

Disney recently released all of their Halloween items on the Disney Store website.  And then they offered free shipping with the purchase of something from the Halloween shop, as long as it was purchased by today at 11:59 pm.  Thanks for the major temptation!  Lucky for me, Mr. My Disney Life is going to Disneyland next weekend and I'm going to have him scope out some deals in the park!


Disney Halloween Merchandise- photos from Disney Store website.
The one thing that I'm dying to get is the Minnie Mouse witch hat that I couldn't find anywhere last year when we were at the parks during our wedding trip.  We bought the ornament version of it, but the actual hat proved to be elusive the entire trip.  I am so excited.  I'll probably wear that thing everyday the entire week of Halloween!  
Minnie Mouse Witch Hat- photo from Disney Store website.

It's really too bad that they only sell the matching Minnie Mouse dress in kid's sizes, or I'd totally be rocking that as my Halloween costume!  (You think I'm kidding...)


Minnie Mouse Halloween Dress- photo from Disney Store website.

Last year, I also bought the Mickey and Minnie Halloween Plush to decorate the house with.


Mickey and Minnie Halloween Plush- photos from Disney Store website.

I also really like the Haunted Mansion Halloween reversible door hangers!  How cute are these?


Haunted Mansion Halloween Door Hanger- photos from Disney Store website.

And the Halloween countdown calendar!  I swear I have a million of these for Christmas, but I don't have one for Halloween... yet.  ;-)


Mickey and Minnie Mouse Halloween Calendar- photo from Disney Store website.

The other thing that I'm a total sucker for, is anything Haunted Mansion related.  I love the Haunted Mansion.  It's my favorite ride at Disney and I was so excited when they came out with new merchandise!  We bought the picture frame and throw blanket on our honeymoon.  (I'll probably ask for some more items from the collection for Christmas.)  I also have a pact with a few of my other Disney friends to build an actual Haunted Mansion house if we ever win the lottery... and even if we never win the lottery, I'm still planning on having a Haunted Mansion themed room someday!


Haunted Mansion Collection Items- photos from Disney Store website.
I think that my absolute favorite Disney Halloween item has to be the Halloween Duffy.  I bought one last year on our wedding trip, and he holds a very special place in my heart.  (He's also my first Duffy!)  He proudly sat on our tv stand the entire wedding week.  When Eliot and I went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party a few days after our wedding, little Duffy got a picture with big Duffy.  (And Big Duffy loved it!)  Now Duffy lives on a shelf next to my side of the bed where I see him every morning when I wake up.  He's too special to get put away only to come out at Halloween!


Halloween Duffy Plush-  top right photo from Disney Store website.

As you can see, I definitely have an addiction.  Wait until you actually see our house decorated for the holidays!  Stay tuned for addiction Part 2!  °o°

4 comments:

  1. Believe me, folks... I've seen the house decorated for EVERY season. It's quite the spectacle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! And I've got BIG plans for this Halloween and Christmas. I can't wait! ;o)

      Delete
  2. I am also addicted to all the Disney merchandise. Just received the Haunted Mansion ornaments. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda! I'm relieved that I'm not alone in my addiction! I'm so glad that you love them! I definitely need to add those to my birthday wish list! :o)

      Delete