Thursday, July 11, 2013

6 Months Until My First Disney ½ Marathon


Wow!  There are only 6 more months until the 2014 Walt Disney World Half Marathon!  Yikes!  It’s time to crank up the training!

We’ve been working more towards our 1/2 marathon goal.  Last weekend, Eliot and I took a few walks on the carriage paths in Acadia National Park with my Dad.  We kept a steady quick paced walk for the 3 miles of trail.  We also went on a hike around Jordan Pond with my best friend Katie.  It had a few dips, hills and areas to climb over rocks, so it was good for a little cross training.

Witch Hole Pond in Acadia National Park, ME


However, I’m starting to feel like the race is creeping up on me.  I decided that I need to work harder to make my knee stronger, so this week I’ve started to go running while Eliot is at work.  I’m happy with my progress.  I’m working on alternating between fast paced walking and jogging to build up my endurance.  Yesterday, I cut about a minute off of my average time, so that’s an improvement!  And today I jogged even more, and I cut my average pace by another whole minute!!!  J

The Eastern Trail in Biddeford, ME

I've still got a long way to go, but I'm determined to finish the race!  

After all, "if you can dream it, you can do it," right?  J

No comments:

Post a Comment