Monday, April 6, 2020

Nana's Birthday

Today, I'd like to send some cheer to a very special lady!  It's my Nana's 87th birthday!


I'm sad that we're not able to celebrate with her in person this year.  If we weren't all quarantined, Eliot and I would have been able to celebrate her birthday with her next weekend.  Before the coronavirus changed everything, we were planning to go to my parents' house for Easter and to help out at the end of tax season.  Of course, now "tax season" goes until July and we all are stuck isolating ourselves at home.


Instead, we'll have to settle for a birthday phone call and eating cake from a distance!  I actually have half a chocolate cupcake in the refrigerator that I'll be enjoying later on today.  Maybe I should consider social distancing myself from my fridge... 


Regardless of the current circumstances, it's truly a day worth celebrating.  I'm very lucky to have such a wonderful grandmother.  My Nana's the only grandparent either Eliot or I have left and she's quite the spitfire.  She's always been like a second Mom to me.  I've been blessed to have her and Papa live with my family for many years.  We have a lot of wonderful memories together that I cherish: many Walt Disney World trips, 2 Disney cruises,  Eliot's and my Disney wedding, camping trips when I was a child, baking together, spending time at Nana & Papa's camp and so much more!  (I've included a few of my favorite pictures from more recent memories!)


My Nana means the world to me and she really is my Fairy Godmother.  Happy Birthday Nana!  I love you and hope you have a magical day!!!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment