Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Books to Read While Under Quarantine

It's time for the fifth installment in my Things to Do While Under Quarantine boredom busting blog series.  Today, I'm going into more detail of one of my ideas from a few of my previous posts.  I mentioned reading Disney books and I'm sure most people would think of children's books first.  However, there are a ton of Disney books out there.

Most of these books are geared toward teens and adults, but older kids and pre-teens might enjoy them too.  Some of these are books Eliot and I have personally read and enjoyed... and pretty much all of them are currently in my pile of books to read.

Text Edit by Me- Original Photo Source

Disney Books to Read While Under Quarantine

Disney Movie Art Books- Eliot and I absolutely love these books.  Disney has made art books of many of their movies- from both Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Studios.  Basically, the books are filled with concept art and designs.  I love this kind of stuff; these books are incredible if you love Disney movies and seeing how they come to life.  Each year, Eliot and I ask for a few for Christmas and we've got our own little collection started including: Frozen, Tangled, Moana, and Finding Nemo.  
If you search for "Disney the art of books" on Amazon, you'll find them available to purchase.

Imagineering Books- I absolutely love learning more about Imagineering.  One of the things that first brought Eliot and me together was our love of Imagineering.  I had a book about it and Eliot was really excited to come over and check it out.  If you search for "Imagineering books" on Amazon you'll find a few of them- most of which I have and love.  Another fun series are the field guides with information on each Disney theme park and land.  Be aware that these books are all from 2008-2014, so they won't have the newest attractions.  To find these, search for "Disney field guide" on Amazon.

Disney Leadership- I love learning more about how the Disney parks were created and I'm a big fan of books like this.  Not only are they educational, but they always inspire me too!  A few years ago, I got both "Dream It!  Do It!: My Half-Century Creating Disney's Magic Kingdoms" as well as "One Little Spark" by Marty Sklar.  I haven't had a chance to read all of them, but the parts I skimmed I really loved.  I'm also hoping to get and read "The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of the Walt Disney Company" by Bob Iger.  (I've included links so it's easier to find them.)


Descendants- Eliot and I both love the Descendants movies on the Disney Channel.  I haven't read any of these yet, but I did start one and I enjoyed what I read.  These are geared towards older kids and teens, so they're a really quick read.  If you enjoyed the movies on tv, these are a great way to dive back into that world.  So far, there are four books and you can find them easily by searching for "descendants books" on Amazon.

Kingdom Keepers- This is a series of seven books by Ridley Pearson.  Eliot has read most of these and he loves them.  It's basically a series about five teenagers protecting the Walt Disney World theme parks from Disney Villains.  Like the Descendants books, these are more geared towards older kids and teens, but I know many adults who love them too!  Search for "Kingdom Keepers Ridley Pearson" on Amazon to find them!

Villains Series- If you're into the villains, then you might enjoy the Disney Villains book series by Serena Valentino.  The series has books for Ursula, Maleficent, Cruella deVil, Mother Gothel, the Evil Queen and more.  These are geared for teenagers, but adults seem to enjoy them too.  So far, there are seven books in the series.  You can find them by searching for "villains series" on Amazon.

Twisted Tales- These books are all "twisted" re-tellings of the fairy tales we all know and love.  It takes our favorite Disney stories and spins a different story.  So far, there are nine stories in the series.  I practically begged my parents for these books for Christmas two years ago.  Then, they bought me the entire first wave of the series.  I still need to get the new ones.  I haven't been able to read any of them yet, but I have friends who have that loved them.  These are what I want to read first... I can't wait to dive in!  You can find them by searching for "disney twisted tales" on Amazon.


I hope this list inspires you to broaden your horizons and read something new!  I'm hoping to get through all of these books at some point and now is the perfect time to pick one up and start!  If you read one of these, let me know what you think!!!  °o° 

No comments:

Post a Comment