Friday, July 19, 2019

Fun Find: The 2019 Rainbow Collection

Today, we're exploring some of the recent merchandise at Disney Parks.  I was so excited when I saw sneak peeks of the 2019 Rainbow Collection back in mid-April.  I was completely ecstatic when everything was officially released at Disneyland, Walt Disney World and on the Shop Disney website!  There were so many items this year!!!


The past few years, Disney has been coming out with a Rainbow Collection in early summer, specifically for Pride.  (I'm not sure if they have officially marketed it for Pride, but it's pretty well known that this is the purpose.)  In the past, merchandise was limited and has sold out almost immediately after appearing online and in the theme parks.  I swear the Rainbow Collection Mickey Ear Hat released last year sold out in record time.  Thankfully, they restocked it and it's now available at both parks and online throughout the year.  This year, Disney released so many new items!  And even though Pride Month just ended, I'm still super excited about everything Disney and rainbow.  

Anyone who knows me is aware of my love of color.  I think that's part of the reason I wanted to be a designer.  I love color and the emotions each can create and I learned a lot about it in my freshman color theory class back in college.  I love to wear bright colors!  I love to paint with different colors!  I love to design with color!  I really love to incorporate color into anything and everything.


I'm also obsessed with rainbows.  I love seeing a rainbow in the sky.  I love things with rainbows on them.  I love how fun and bright they are!  The fact that rainbows also represent love in all of it's forms makes it even better.  I prefer to not dive into my own personal beliefs here, but, this is my corner of the internet so I can say what I wish.  To put it simply, I believe that the world needs more love and less hate.  Love is love.

Thus, I was so excited when I could get some new Disney merchandise with bright, colorful and fun rainbows all over it!  I love it so much that I had to share my top ten favorite items from this year's collection!  Here they are in no particular order:

Mickey Plush- As soon as I saw him, I knew that he was going to come live with us.

Photo Source
Minnie Mouse Ears- I don't have these yet, but I love the bright colored puffy bow!

Photo Source
Light Up Rainbow Necklace- Bright. Light Up. Colorful. Fun. Obsessed.

Photo Source
DisneylandWDW Rainbow Shirts- These are so much fun!  I love them!!!

Photo Source
MagicBand- I love MagicBands and this one is so bright and colorful!

Photo Source
Rainbow Mickey Ear Hat- Eliot surprised me with this a few months ago when it was still sold out in the parks.  (He'd found one and bought it off of eBay.)  I love it!

Photo Source
Tumbler- So cute and they have one for both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

Photo Source- Disneyland and Walt Disney World
Mickey Mouse Heart Alex and Ani Bracelet- Rose gold and rainbows... love it.

Photo Source
Mickey Mouse Alex and Ani Bracelet- This is beautiful and fun... also a must get!

Photo Source
Mickey Mouse Rainbow Tote by Loungefly- I'd actually already bought this bag from BoxLunch (when I had BoxLunch Money coupons!) about a month or so before the Disney Rainbow Collection was even released!  I absolutely love it and it goes perfectly with everything else in the collection.  I can't wait to use it with a colorful outfit!

Photo Source
Thankfully, Eliot's mom Nori was at Disneyland last month and while there, she picked up some of the rainbow merchandise for us.  We returned from Tennessee to a bright, colorful box of rainbow fun!  Here's some of the stuff she bought us- not pictured are the light up rainbow necklaces (and all the snacks stuff... more on that later).


I still have a few more items that I'd like to purchase from the website.  I'm thinking about getting a few more of the light up necklaces... just in case.  I'd also like to get the Disneyland and Walt Disney World shirts.  Of course, Eliot and I are also obsessed with MagicBands so I'll probably add that to my cart.  I'll probably behave and skip the tumbler... we have so many of those.  Plus, if I'm going to get one, I'd prefer to get a personalized glitter one from Etsy!  Glitter + Rainbow = Happy Melissa!

Photo Source
I hope you enjoyed this quick little pop of color and seeing some of the merchandise available from the 2019 Disney Rainbow Collection.  I also hope Disney continues to step up their game and has a great selection of merchandise available next year too!

Someday we'll find it, the Rainbow Collection... the lovers, the dreamers and me.  °o°

1 comment: