Sunday, March 20, 2016

Zootopia Movie Review

Eliot and I finally went to see Zootopia this weekend!  It was so good!  I absolutely loved it and I'm dying to see it again... maybe I can convince my brother to go with me!

Photo Source
Before seeing the movie, I had read a few reviews online from some of my favorite bloggers and Instagram accounts.  They all said this movie was so much better than they were expecting and some of them had already seen it twice.  Needless to say, I was really excited to see it for myself!

The general consensus of viewers is correct- the animation is beyond incredible.  The scenery is stunning.  Animals live in all sorts of different habitats: desserts, rainforest or the arctic.  All of the different scenes were so realistic you felt you could actually go to Zootopia.  Then, there was the animation of the animals themselves.  The fur was so realistic, you'd swear cartoon Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde were real.  Major props to the Disney animators involved in this movie.  (Caution: Possible Spoilers Ahead!)

Photo Source
One of the most fun parts of Zootopia was all of the Disney Easter eggs hidden in the movie.  I'd read about a few before seeing it and I'm glad I did.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have noticed Judy's playlist filled with animal puns of Disney songs, the Mickey Mouse plush in the stroller or how the calendar in Chief Bogo's office is of San Fransokyo- the city in Big Hero 6.  I might have noticed the hidden Mickey on Clawhauser's cheek, but I'm not sure. (He's the cheetah at the front desk of ZPD- seen below.)

Photo Source
However, there were a few Easter eggs that I picked up on myself!  I caught Chief Bogo's Frozen reference when he says "Life's not like a cartoon musical where you sing a little song and dreams magically come true, so let it go!"  I got a chuckle about Duke Weasleton and how similar it sounded to the Duke of Weselton in Frozen.  (But I didn't realize both were voiced by the same person!)  Finally, there was a glimpse at Disney movie titles.  Pig Hero 6, Wreck-It-Rhino and Meowana were my favorites.

Photo Source
The best part of Zootopia was the storyline.  It was definitely a feel good movie- which I appreciate after having my heart crushed from The Good Dinosaur.  The storyline itself was a little over the head of a younger child, but older children, teens and adults will appreciate the resounding message that you can be whatever you want to be.  My other favorite message from the movie was to "try everything".  Judy Hopps is my spirit animal.  (Side note: I really need that on a shirt!)

Photo Source
Overall, Zootopia was a hit and I'm sure it will become a beloved Disney classic.  I personally can't wait to see it again.  I want to try to find more Easter eggs!!!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment