Saturday, March 19, 2016

When Inspiration Strikes

I've learned that when inspiration strikes, it's best to hit the ground running.  As I've mentioned before, I have many business ideas bouncing around my head.  Eliot and I have plenty of products we're designing in our minds at any given time.  However, I don't usually jump headfirst into something unless I'm really feeling inspired.


The past few days, the ideas were bouncing around, clamoring to be heard.  I did not have plans to lay the ground work for two new businesses- based off ideas that I've had for a while now.  But sometimes, you just have to go while the going is good.  

Thursday, I had a pretty low key day at home.  I worked on a glittering a few pairs of ears while Luck of the Irish played in the background on Disney Channel.  It was a really quiet St. Patrick's Day.  Honestly, I was a bit exhausted from a busy three days at work.  Then, Eliot came home from work sick that night.  Yesterday was a low key, go to the doctor, get medicine and then rest at home kind of day.  However, the entire time, ideas kept bouncing around my head.  I couldn't seem to turn my brain off.


Finally, I caved and worked on business names.  You know I'm really serious when I commit to a name for my proposed business.  This particular idea has been in the back of my mind for a long time now.  It just happened that it was finally necessary to name it!  I ended up setting up an email, Etsy and Instagram account for the first business idea on St. Patrick's Day after Eliot had some medicine and went to bed.  

The other idea was suddenly crying out for more attention.  I wanted to settle down and go to bed, but I kept finding myself back in front of my computer.  I played around with a few names and after a bit of a debate, I found one I liked.  I discussed the name of my other proposed business idea with Eliot on Friday night.  He thought it sounded good, and another business name was born.  Early this afternoon, I set up the email, Etsy and Instagram accounts for the second idea.


So, just like that, two more business ideas have taken one step closer to becoming reality.  While I don't anticipate their official introduction to be anytime soon, it's nice to know that the foundation has been set.  The account names have been set up and can be activated when the time is right!  Here's to progress!!!  °o°

Note: These photos are from a few years ago when I first started to learn how to make jewelry and from when I took a silk scarf painting class!  They're sort of relevant to this post, which is why they made the cut.  I don't have actual photos for these ideas yet!

4 comments:

  1. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'm very thankful for my creativity! I'm also glad I fell for an engineer who is also filled with endless ideas! :-)

      Delete
  2. And it is also so awesome that you and your engineer both love Disney so much...and share that love with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! I'm so glad you enjoy it! We've got quite a few fun projects in mind for the future! :-)

      Delete