Thursday, March 10, 2016

Weekend of Productivity

Well, it's been another busy week around here.  I hoped that I'd come back with some news about how productive we were last weekend.  But things didn't pan out.  Eliot was sick and slept most of the weekend.  (Thankfully he's feeling better now.)  And there's always this weekend to get some stuff done around the house...


As I mentioned the other day, Papa's birthday was last Friday.  It was a rough day, but I got through it.  Eliot stayed home from work since he was really sick Friday.  He literally slept in bed all day.  I finally got him out of bed long enough to get a few groceries with me.  We bought a chocolate cake in honor of Papa.  He really loved chocolate!


The rest of the weekend was a little frustrating.  I had high hopes; at least I was fairly productive.  I emptied a bunch of boxes of office stuff.  I've got my bookshelves in place with the shelves put in the right spots.  Most of my books and binders are on there now.  I also have space for my storage containers and even some display room!


I also went to work in our master bedroom.  Eliot got the bed together a few weeks ago, so I spent some time putting all of my pajamas in my drawers under the bed.  I also tackled my closet.  It's still a mess, but I organized it so now it's an organized mess!  Eliot's going to start working on putting my new dresser together, so hopefully he can do that this weekend!  I'd love to finally get all of my clothes were they belong!


Sunday, I spent about three hours fighting with our kitchen sink.  It's clogged up and nothing I tried worked.  We've since gone out and gotten a sink plunger... hopefully that works!  I guess we'll find out tonight or tomorrow!  If not, I'm resorting to the septic safe Drano I found at Walmart!  Ahh, the joys of home ownership!


Needless to say, we didn't watch The Good Dinosaur or go out to see Zootopia.  I'm really hoping that we'll be able to do both this weekend!  Fingers crossed!


However, I did get to watch Once Upon a Time last Sunday night.  I looked forward to it all weekend.  I'm so glad it's back from it's winter break!  I'm really excited to see the Hercules characters this half of the season!  Is it Sunday night yet?


Hopefully I'll get a lot done between now and Sunday night!  I've got a few projects for work I'm doing at home, but other than that, I'm hoping to accomplish a lot around the house!  It was in the 60's yesterday and spring is right around the corner!  I really want to get more of the inside stuff done before the nice weather arrives!  

Here's to a weekend of productivity!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment