Friday, March 25, 2016

Fun Find: Retro Disney Easter Parade Videos

One of my fondest Easter memories is watching the Disney Easter Parade on Easter morning.  Like the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade, the Easter Parade used to be broadcast on television Easter morning.  Jeremy and I loved to search all over the house for our Easter baskets, and then settle down to watch the parade.

Photo Source
The Azalea Trail Maids were always my favorite part of the parade.  Their gowns left me in awe.  Even to this day, it still has impacted me.  I admit that I teared up when I discovered that they were still in the Easter Day pre-parade that Eliot and I saw back in 2013 during our honeymoon.  (Ok... so maybe I was sobbing from nostalgia.)

Photo Source
After a little bit of searching, I finally found what I was looking for: pure magic and memories all rolled into one.  Boy, do I have a treat for you!  For today's fun find Friday, I'm sharing some retro Walt Disney World Easter Parade videos!!!


Each video is pretty long since they're the entire broadcast of the parade, but if you have some time, they're fun to watch.  I'm hoping to sit down and watch them in their entirety over the weekend.  It's crazy to see what attractions were "new" back then!



I'm sure that I'll be humming "I could write a sonnet, About your Easter bonnet, And of the girl I'm taking, To the Easter Parade" all weekend.  And I'm totally ok with that.



These videos really bring back memories.  Jeremy and I would sing the Easter bonnet song for days after watching the parade.  I really wish Disney would broadcast the parade on television again.  However, they'd have to actually have a full Easter Parade and not just the pre-parade.  But, beggars can't be choosers and I'm thankful that I at least found these videos to re-live my Easter Day Parade memories.  Enjoy!!!  °o°


(Note: You might have to click through to YouTube on a few of the videos.  Some of them don't appear to be allowed to playback on other websites!)

2 comments:

  1. what fun finds!!! We'll be watching on of these on easter for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've looked for Easter Parade videos forever and I'm so glad I found these! My parents probably have them on a video tape somewhere... but I finally had success! I hope you enjoy them! I'll be watching them too!!! :-)

      Delete