Wednesday, March 23, 2016

2016 Wedding Trends

A few weeks ago, I was contacted by Katie at Paperless Post.  She saw my blog and wanted to know my opinions for the wedding trends for 2016.  After some research, I discovered the Paperless Post has paper products for weddings, birthday invitations and more!  (They even have a Disney line!)  Of course, I love all things weddings so I was definitely excited about this opportunity!  


As many of you know, in September of 2012, my fairy tale came true.  I married my Prince Charming in the Disney Wedding Pavilion at the Walt Disney World Resort.  I’d dreamed of getting married there ever since I was a little girl.  Luckily, my prince (also known as Eliot) is also a big Disney fan.  We knew there was no better place for us to start our happily ever after together.

I love everything about weddings- from the dress, to the cake, to the invitations to all of the little details.  In fact, I loved planning our wedding so much that I’m already daydreaming about a Disney vow renewal someday.  Hey, a girl can dream right?

Paperless Post Bibbity Boppity Boo
In the world of weddings, trends and ideas are always evolving.  I personally think that’s half the fun though!  With social media and websites like Pinterest, it’s easy to find new ideas, inspiration and ways to make your wedding unique.  That being said, there are a few popular trends that I’ve noticed recently.

Paperless Post- Blossoms on Tulle I
Popular wedding colors are always changing.  Right now, I’ve seen a lot of pastels.  You can see the influence the 2016 Pantone colors of the year, Rose Quartz and Serenity, have played in the wedding industry.  In the world of Disney Weddings, this trend was welcomed with open arms.  The first thing I thought of when I saw the Pantone colors was Sleeping Beauty.  “Make it Pink!  Make it Blue!”  These colors bring a subtle nod to a fairy tale favorite.  They’re perfect inspiration for the bride who wants to be feel like a princess.

Paperless Post- Champagne Bubbles
I’ve also seen a lot of sparkle.  From shimmering silvers to glittering golds, the world of weddings is all about sparkle.  Wedding gowns are also adding some silver and gold elements.  The 2016 Alfred Angelo Disney Fairy Tale wedding gowns are full silver and gold detailing.  Brides can add a little sparkle from intricate swirls and floral designs to sparkling rhinestones and beading.  Bridesmaids can also join the fun in dresses that are covered in shiny sequins.  Sparkle is definitely a trend I can get behind.

Paperless Post- Overture Platinum
The biggest 2016 trend I’ve seen is rose gold.  It’s taking the whole world by storm.  Rose gold is not only beautiful, but it’s also classy and elegant.  I expect to see a lot of weddings including rose gold elements.

Paperless Post-Belle Boulevard
Finally, this last "trend" has been around a while, but I think it’s still important to mention.  The personalization trend is still going strong.  No matter what your style, colors or theme, it’s important to create a wedding that’s distinctly for you and your partner.  After all, it’s your special day to start your own happily ever after!  Plus, no matter what your theme, colors or style, Paperless Post has got you covered!  °o°

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete