Wednesday, January 20, 2016

High School Musical- 10 Years Later

You know you're old when it's the 10 Year Anniversary of High School Musical.  Has it really been ten years?!?  The first High School Musical premiered on the Disney Channel on January 20, 2006.  I don't remember if I saw the premiere of the movie, but being the Disney fan I am, I definitely saw it quite a few times shortly thereafter.

Photo Source: Disney
I enjoyed the movie and the music.  It came out after I'd graduated from high school and I remember laughing about how it wasn't like my experience at all.  Still, it was a fun movie with a good message.  I admit I was surprised about how huge it got.  The merchandise, chart topping CDs, a concert tour, sequels- it was everywhere.


I remember going to Walt Disney World where there was a High School Musical dance party at Hollywood Studios for the longest time.  Each new movie brought new songs to sing.  It was also at California Adventure when I went to Disneyland in 2009.


Tonight, Disney Channel will celebrate the movie's milestone by having a 10 Year Anniversary Reunion Special hosted by most of the cast.  (Zac Efron- Get cha head in the game!)  Happy Birthday High School Musical.  We're all in this together.  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment