Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year 2016

Happy New Year!!!  Welcome 2016!!!

Photo Source: Disney Parks Blog (modified by me)
I hope your new year has been wonderful so far!  2015 went out with a bang here in Maine.  My parents and Nana came down to visit us for a quick overnighter.  They arrived around dinner time and Eliot and I met up with them at their hotel.

Photo Source: Star Wars
We went to the movies to kill some time before the big countdown to 2016.  Mom and Nana went to see Daddy's Home and Dad, Eliot and I went to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens.  None of us had seen it yet and we all wanted to.  The movie was awesome and I loved it!  I really need to re-watch all of the others sometime soon!


Before leaving the movie theater, Eliot and I stopped to take a quick picture with Santa Baymax!  (Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la!)  Then, we drove back to the hotel to ring in the new year.  We got settled in, watched New Year's Rockin' Eve, counted down as the ball dropped and toasted sparking cider to the new year!  Eliot and I stayed for a few more minutes to visit before driving home to our house.


This morning, we got up to get ready for another casual day walking around the Maine Mall. I decided to wear a sweater so I wouldn't have to wear a heavy jacket into the mall.  I decided on my red one with my black pants.  I went to find a scarf and my Minnie Mouse one was at the top of the pile.  I grabbed it and the next thing I knew, I had a Minnie inspired outfit for New Year's Day.  Starting 2016 off to a great start!


Jeremy drove up for the afternoon and met us at our house before we headed to the mall to meet up with everyone.  We walked around the various stores since we didn't really have a specific plan.  I went to the Hallmark store to see what they had for Itty Bittys. They only had one Yoda and R2-D2 left.  I also found one Minnie Mouse after a bit of searching.  There were still two Mickeys, but I decided to get him too.  Now I have a few more little Disney friends to add to my growing collection!


Across the way, Eliot was exploring the toy store.  They were having a post-Christmas 50% off everything sale.  While exploring, I found some cute placemats for my cousin's kids that my Mom bought them for an upcoming birthday.  On the way in, the Disney Princess Style Me Up caught my eye.  Ironically, I first saw one exactly a year ago when we were exploring Hobby Lobby with our friends on New Year's Day 2015.  


It's a book with outfits inspired by the Disney princesses for girls to draw and then color in.  It's "supposed to be" for kids, but this adult was excited they had it.  I was going to pass on it, but at 50% off, it was only $6.  It ended up coming home with me!  Eliot found something he liked as well.  They had a Mickey Mouse Toontown House 3D puzzle.  He loves puzzles and this was cute.  Again, at 50% off, we couldn't go wrong.


On our way back to the other end of the mall where we parked, we lost Eliot.  (He wanted to explore the calendar shop for a minute.)  He eventually caught up with us while we were looking around JCPenney's.  He arrived with a few extra bags then when we had left him.  He got a few hand sanitizers that were on sale at Bath and Body Works.  Eliot also had stopped into Hot Topic.  Everything was buy one get one 50% off, and he purchased the Stitch hat he'd been eyeing earlier in the day.  He also bought me the stained glass Beauty and the Beast watch I'd spotted and bought it for me as a new year surprise!  It's so beautiful.  He's the best!!!


After the mall, we went to Red Robin for a mid-day lunch.  Then, we all said goodbye before heading our separate ways.  Eliot, Jeremy and I returned to our house so he could drive home from here.  It was a quick visit with my family, but we really enjoyed it.  I'd say that our 2016 is off to a great start so far!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment