Friday, December 25, 2015

Fun Find: Walt Disney World Christmas

It comes as no surprise that I absolutely love Christmas.  I also love Walt Disney World; it's my second home.  Christmas at my favorite place, now that's pure magic.


Every year around this time, I feel a little bit homesick for Disney World.  I've been blessed enough to go to Disney around the holidays quite a few times.  In fact, we even went to the Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day when I was 12!  In order to feel a little bit closer to home this Christmas, I found a bunch of Walt Disney World Christmas videos to share as today's special Christmas edition of Fun Find Friday!

Photo Source: WDW Facebook
One of my favorite parts of the Christmas holiday is decorating.  The decorations at the Walt Disney World Resort are simply stunning.  Each year, they never cease to amaze me.  Here's a fun video of the Magic Kingdom park being decorated.



The Cinderella Castle Dream Lights are one of my favorite parts of visiting the Magic Kingdom at Christmas.  The castle is absolutely stunning with these twinkling lights!



Speaking of the dream "ice lights"... we were incredibly lucky to see "A Frozen Holiday Wish" up close earlier this year during our January trip.  Disney had extended the show a few weeks and I was so excited to see it!  Of course, I loved it- especially Olaf!



There's also a Christmas show in Tomorrowland.  I love Santa Stitch!
 

 
The Magic Kingdom isn't the only park that's decorated for the holidays.  My other favorite, Epcot, also has plenty of beautiful decorations.  I especially love the topiaries!
 


I love IllumiNations, but I've never seen the special holiday ending.  I have to admit, watching this video made me a little bit teary eyed.


 
Another personal favorite of mine is the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights over at Hollywood Studios.  I'm so sad this is their last year before Disney literally pulls the plug.  I'm not going to deny it, I'm holding out hope that they'll be relocated next year.  In the meantime, I'm going to treasure my memories of this incredible sight.
 

One event I've always wanted to do is Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.  It's one of my bucket list goals, and we're hoping to go in the next few years.  The event parties always have a lot of special shows, parades and fireworks.  One of these shows is the Cinderella castle show Celebrate the Season.  I love the snowman and polar bear!



I love parades- especially holiday ones!  I remember watching the Disney Christmas Parade broadcast every Christmas morning as a kid.  (Ok... and as an adult.)  Even though a lot has changed since then, this video makes me nostalgic.  Although, I really wish Duffy were still a part of the parade!  He was so cute in his Christmas outfit!



No Disney celebration is complete without fireworks!  I love the special firework shows and Holiday Wishes is no exception.  I really hope to see it live someday!


 
I hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas Day and that these videos bring a little bit of Walt Disney World magic and pixie dust your way!

MerrChristmas to all, antall a goonight!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment