Sunday, December 20, 2015

Catching Up with the Cady's

As you know, Eliot and I have been really busy the past month.  One month ago today was my birthday, and I haven't posted any updates about it since!  I think it's time for a quick post on what we've been up to lately!


Eliot and my Dad took me to see Mockingjay November 19th, the night before my birthday.  The show started at 10:00 so I was actually watching the final installment of the Hunger Games when the clock struck midnight and it was officially my birthday!  I really enjoyed the movie and was happy with how it ended.


The next day, my Mom, Dad and Nana came over to Eliot's and my new house to visit and give me my birthday presents while Eliot was at work.  We tried to set the house up with some birthday stuff amid the chaos.  Of course, Winnie the Pooh made an appearance.  Mom and Dad used Disney Princess wrapping paper that I loved.  I almost didn't want to rip it, but I'm really glad I did!  


First, they got me the Disney castle chalkboard that I really wanted.  It's going to go in our new kitchen or living room!  They also got me the Frozen Fever ornaments that match my Frozen ornament set!  I can't wait to display them in my new office.  Finally, I opened Cogsworth!  Eliot and I don't have Lumiere yet, but our plan is to put them on display together in our new dining room!


I got a ton of birthday wishes from friends on Facebook.  A few friends also sent photos!  These were some of my favorite birthday wishes!  (Image sources unknown.)


I had a great birthday visiting with my family.  After Eliot got out of work, we all went out to dinner at Chili's.  I absolutely love their Mex Bowls!  Yum!


A few days later, we traveled up to Bar Harbor to have Thanksgiving with my Mom's family.  It was hard celebrating our first Thanksgiving without Papa.  It was a smaller than usual gathering, but it was really good to get together with everyone.  Eliot and I enjoyed spending a few quiet days at my parents' house before returning home to finish cleaning out the old house.


Eliot and I were wiped out after an extremely busy Sunday and Monday finalizing things at the old house.  (Boy, am I glad that's over with!)  We rested up the remainder of the first week of December because the following weekend, we were off on another adventure.  Saturday afternoon, Mom, Dad and Nana picked Eliot and I up to go to New Hampshire to visit my brother.  We hung out at the mall that evening and went out to Uno's for dinner.  We stayed at a local hotel that night and Mom gave me a few packages that had come in the mail.  One of them was my Cakeworthy order!


The next day, we met Jeremy for breakfast at Friendly's before we were off to IKEA to get a few furniture pieces for the new house.  Thankfully, the weather was cooperating and it was perfect to transport furniture home in.  We got some great deals and we're already planning another trip down to IKEA once we're more settled in.


Since then, our lives have been a whirlwind of unpacking and organizing at our new house.  Although, we did sneak a quick getaway to Chicago in.  (Read more about Chicago here.)  Eliot and I are feeling at home in our house.  We've started receiving packages here including these Disney Snuggle Snappers from Eliot's family.  (They're sold at Disneyland and Walt Disney World.)  When we were there in October, I saw them and I had a great idea to incorporate them into our new house!


We also got a fun filled Walt Disney World holiday package from the same person on Facebook Eliot found to buy us our Flower and Garden Festival merchandise this past spring.  Eliot asked him to get us a few items from the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights since this is the last year.  Eliot knew I loved the light up ears and the ornament.  We also got two of the light bulb glow cubes.  Eliot asked for the Christmas Party pin for his collection and the guy was nice enough to include a map for us too!


Which of course brings us to the holidays!  Eliot and I have both been really busy getting ready for the holidays.  We decided not to put up any decorations since our house is still a construction zone.  But we have been busy spreading the Christmas cheer in other ways.  I've participated in a few holiday swaps.  We have also been busy shopping for Christmas gifts for our family!


Yesterday, we had a family Christmas party with my Mom's side of the family.  It was originally supposed to be my aunt's immediate family, but she invited Eliot, me and my cousin Greg to join them!  We had a blast!  I got all of the kids their own little stockings with a few goodies inside.  They went over really well so that makes me happy!


We also received thoughtful gifts from my family.  My aunt and uncle spoiled us with delicious chocolate treats and Starbucks gift cards.  I told them I can't wait to use them at Disney!  My cousin Luke and his wife Rachel gave us a new Mickey Mouse cookbook!  It's from 1986 and I'm so excited to add it to my collection!


But the fun didn't end there, upon our return home last night, Eliot and I were greeted with a special surprise on our front porch!  Our new neighbors brought us over some Christmas treats to welcome us to the neighborhood!  It was such a sweet surprise and I'm very touched.  I can't wait to go over and introduce ourselves sometime!


Which brings us to today.  It was an uneventful, yet productive day.  Eliot and one of his friends from work put our new shed together this morning.  While they worked outside, I put more stuff away inside the house.  Eliot and I watched the Pats game in the afternoon and then went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few items.  We were pleasantly surprised to see the Coca Cola Holiday Caravan there!  You could take a picture with the Polar Bear and "share a Coke" with Santa.  My Dad loves Coca Cola and the Santa stuff, so we took a few pictures for him to see!

As you can tell, it's definitely been a busy few months around here, but I'm incredibly grateful to be surrounded by so many wonderful people.  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment