Thursday, October 22, 2015

Making My Own Magic

Hello friends!  I've got to admit, it's been a really busy and stressful week.  Eliot and I are working against the clock to get our house ready for the big move.  The universe seems to be against us and it can get frustrating at times.  I'm trying to relax and stay positive, but it's proving to be easier said than done.  Hopefully we'll be able to get more done over the weekend and next week!  I keep telling myself that once it's done, it's going to be done and it'll totally be worth all of our hard work these past few weeks!


In order to distract myself from things I can't control, I've tried to sprinkle pixie dust and make my own magic.  I've found simple things to distract from the crazy.  Oddly, one of the most relaxing things I've found to do is to go on Instagram.  It's my favorite form of social media right now.  It's simple, easy to use and I can lay in bed while scrolling through my photos to relax.  I find it incredibly inspiring and I've found a lot of cool crafters and artists through it.  I've also found out about a few awesome sales!

Photo Source: Cakeworthy
I was on Instagram the other day when I realized that one of my favorite t-shirt and accessory shops, Cakeworthy, was having a pre-order for some of the new items from their Wicked Ones collection.  I've seen a few of the items and I'd been thinking about getting them but they keep selling out.  I decided to look into the pre-order.

Photo Source: Cakeworthy
I ended up ordering the Sorcerer Mickey inspired Sorcerer Beanie.  Then, I decided to treat myself by ordering one of the shirts I've been admiring since it was released, the Hitchhiking Ghost Flannel.  They won't be ready for 6-8 weeks, and then they have to be shipped to me, but I'm excited to have the order in so I know I'll get them!


One of my favorite Instagram finds has been Enchanted Candy Carousel.  April makes the cutest Disney treat inspired accessories.  She has an Etsy shop as well as an Instagram account.  I've been admiring her creations for a while now.  The other day she had a ready to ship Instagram sale and I fell in love with one of her Candy Poisoned Apple Brooches.  I had to get it and I'm so glad I did!  I absolutely love it!


Eliot and I also received a package from Disneyland the other day.  Although we knew what was inside it, but it was still fun to open it up.  We had asked Eliot's Mom to get us some of the merchandise we didn't get while we were out there.  Our big splurge were the Haunted Mansion Stretching Portrait figures.  She also found the nearly impossible to find Disneyland Attraction Posters that match our WDW ones!  We also got our Halloween plush.  (The Disneyland passholder discount is a lot better than WDW's so we decided we'd have her get them instead of buying them in Florida.)  Finally, we got our Disneyland 60th t-shirts and she surprised us with a 60th anniversary print!


These items have definitely brought a smile to my face.  I love receiving a little pixie dust in the mail.  Plus, I can't complain about the extra boxes being delivered to our doorstep.  All the extra packing material has proven quite useful.  Ha ha!


I'm sure I've got another interesting week ahead of me, but I'm going to try to take it all in stride!  After all, all it takes is a little faith, trust and pixie dust!  °o°

2 comments:

  1. The beanie and shirt you ordered are adorable! I definitely have to check out that shop. And what's your instagram name/link? I also really enjoy using it and I'd love to follow you! I'm @disneyinyourday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Becky! Thank you! I love Cakeworthy. I discovered them a few years ago and I'm so happy I finally bought something! I'm really excited about the hat! My instagram is @mydisneylifeblog. I just followed you now! :-)

      Delete