Friday, September 18, 2015

Fun Find: Disneyland 60th Shows

Today's Fun Find Friday is in honor of our recent trip to Disneyland.  There were so many wonderful things to see and do throughout the trip.  My personal favorites were the new nighttime shows for Disneyland's 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration.

Photo Source: Disney Parks Blog
My absolute favorite was the Paint the Night Parade.  It has catchy music, beautiful costumes and amazing float designs.  The Frozen float was stunning and I loved the colorful lighted balls on the Mack float.  I had the soundtrack stuck in my head before we even left for our trip.  In fact, it's still stuck in my head and I'm ok with that.


The show that reduced me to tears by the end was the World of Color Celebrate.  It was a beautiful tribute to Disney movies and to Walt's vision of Disneyland.  I lost it during the "Forever Young" song section with the vintage clips of families enjoying Disneyland.  I thought Neil Patrick Harris did a great job and I'm pleased they had someone who loves Disney narrate the show.  This was also my first time seeing World of Color in general and I was not at all disappointed.  It was definitely worth the wait!



The Disneyland Forever fireworks show was the most versatile of all the shows.  It's so different depending on your view.  The first time we watched it right after the Paint the Night parade on Main Street.  The projections on Main Street were awesome.  We also had a great view of the fireworks framed by Sleeping Beauty Castle.  The only problem with this location was that we couldn't see the projections on the castle.



Another location Eliot and I watched the show from was It's A Small World.  I love how they incorporated each of the locations into the design of the projections.  For example, Simba is projected onto the clock face from this location.  It was also cool to see the It's A Small World facade "dance" versus the Main Street buildings.



My favorite place to watch the Disneyland Forever fireworks was actually from the same location we watched Fantasmic.  Disney uses their speaker system to "invite" you to stay there to watch the fireworks after Fantasmic ends.  Most of the crowd attempts to make it to Main Street for "prime viewing" without realizing the gem of a location they've just left.  Not only do you get a great view, but you can still see most of the fireworks in the background above Thunder Mountain.  This was also the best location to actually see what's projected on Sleeping Beauty Castle.



The Disneyland 60th Diamond Celebration nighttime shows are all incredible.  These videos are awesome, but if you get the chance to experience them live, take it.  You will not regret being immersed in the magical glow of the Diamond Celebration. °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment