Thursday, September 17, 2015

Adjusting My 2015 Goals

I've finally had to come to terms with the fact that I will not accomplish most of my 2015 Blog and Disney Goals.  For better or worse, life happens and you just have to go with it.  At the beginning of the year, I was devastated by the loss of my Papa.  Now, Eliot and I are preparing to move into our new house.  Both of those major life events were unexpected and definitely not part of the 2015 equation when I made my goals.

Photo Source: Disney Store

In order to keep myself sane, I've adjusted my goals.  Not only do I no longer have as much time available, but there's no way I'll make 150 blog posts when I reached the 75 post halfway point earlier this week.  I'd basically have to blog once a day for the rest of the year and I don't see that happening while trying to move into a new house!

The good news is that I'm going to have a lot more room for projects once we're settled into the new house.  I will have my own office space- so making holiday decorations, painting artwork, creating new hat designs and other accessories and designing Imagineering projects will not be as difficult.  I'm really excited that our dining room table might actually be available for dining and not Happily Ever Hatter's design space!

So without further ado, here are my adjusted 2015 blog and Disney goals:

Melissa's 15 Blog and Disney Goals for 2015
1.)  Go to Walt Disney World- Done
2.)  Participate in the WDW 10K- Done
3.)  Achieve Monthly Blog Goals- 120 Posts for Year (30 less than original goal)
4.)  Make Disney Decor for the Holidays- Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas
5.)  Design an Imagineering Project (save for 2016 goals)
6.)  Have a Few Friends as Guest Bloggers- Eliot Disneyland Race Recaps
7.)  Have a Disney Themed Party- Done
8.)  Paint Disney Art (save for 2016 goals)
9.)  Continue Happily Ever Hatter's Growth- Create a few new designs before end of year
10.)  Make Disney Accessories (save for 2016 goals)
11.)  Take an Online Storyboard Class (save for 2016 goals)
12.)  Read Disney Books (save for 2016 goals)
13.)  Have Disney Movie Nights and Disney Board Game Nights- watch a few more movies
14.)  See Disney's Frozen on Ice- Done
15.)  Work on Top Secret Blog Ideas (save for 2016 goals)

I think this adjusted list is a lot more manageable.  It's definitely less daunting!  I really want to end 2015 strong and to set myself up for a successful 2016.  I've already added a ton of new ideas to the draft of my 2016 goal list.  I'll add those to my current 2015 list.  2016 is going to be full of Disney fun! °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment