Friday, July 17, 2015

Happy Birthday Disneyland!

Sixty years ago today, Walt Disney's dream came true.  He created a place that continues to amaze the young and old, that's always growing and moving forward and that has touched so many people.  It's hard for me to imagine a world without any Disney parks.  (It's a world I don't want to live in, that's for sure!)

Photo Source
I would have loved to be celebrating this momentous occasion at Disneyland in person today, but it wasn't meant to be.  Instead, I wanted to celebrate by recognizing all of the hard work and dedication it's taken by many people for Disneyland to be where it is today.  The following video shows the construction of Disneyland park.


As you all know, Disney is one of the most important things to me.  It's where I've had many memories with my family and friends.  It's where I've grown up vacationing.  It's where we've had family reunions.  It's where Eliot and I got married and started our journey as husband and wife.  It's where I dream of taking our children someday.  None of this would be possible without the man who had a dream.  Thank you Walt for wishing on a star, for chasing your dreams and for never giving up on them.



"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome.  Disneyland is your land.  Here, age relives fond memories of the past... and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.  Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world." - Walt Disney

Happy 60th Birthday Disneyland!!! °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment