Monday, February 2, 2015

Super Bowl XLIX Champions

"We are the Champions my friends!!!  And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end!!!"  Congrats to the New England Patriots for winning Super Bowl XLIX!!!


I am so excited!!!  The Pats are my team.  I'm a fan through and through.  I've watched them since middle school.  I remember spending Sundays with my Dad and brother watching the Pats games in our living room.  I'd ask Dad what calls meant and thus, I actually know quite a bit about football.  (I'm not one of those "bandwagon" fans.)


The Pats have gotten a bad rap lately.  I'm not getting into the whole "deflategate" thing.  As far as I'm concerned, you're supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Nevertheless, that whole debacle makes this win taste that much sweeter.  After all, the Patriots seem to do better when it's them against the world.

Photo Source: No Idea I Saw This Shared on Facebook
I admit, we've gotten a bit spoiled up here in New England.  Over the past 15 years, we've brought home 9 championships between the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics and Bruins.  We New Englanders like to think of Boston as "Title Town" or "Championship City."  We like to think of Tom Brady as the "Lord of the Rings" and now we have one more championship to add to the list.

Photo Source: Red Sox Maniac
Sunday, I spent the day preparing for the big game.  I wanted to make myself some Patriots ears to wear during the game.  I've been planning to make some for a while now, but the Super Bowl called for some special attire.  I love how they came out!


Eliot and I had the idea to dress Duffy up as a football to go with Eeyore's Patriots uniform.  He is small enough to be a football right?  The result is beyond adorable.


Throughout the day, (and the days leading up to the game) I found some funny things in my Facebook newsfeed.  This video and song was a favorite of mine.  I found myself humming it while working on Duffy's costume.  (Note: There is some inappropriate language in here both visually and verbally.  Please do not show this to your children.


"We gon' beat the Seahawks... don't believe us just watch..."  Sorry... anyways...


A few minutes before game time I put Duffy in his football costume.  I grabbed my Tom Brady jersey and my ear headband and prepared myself (aka psyched myself up) for the game.  I placed Eeyore and Duffy on the couch with me and was ready for kick off! I enjoyed Idina Menzel singing the National Anthem.  She totally killed it!


Watching the game was not as enjoyable.  I was on the edge of my seat most of the game.  By halftime, I was seriously starting to sweat it out since we were tied.  I did relax long enough to enjoy the halftime show with Katy Perry.  The dancing palm trees and sharks were pretty interesting... those beach balls certainly aren't deflated.


After the halftime show, I settled in for what would be a long second half.  There was a lot of me screaming at the television.  I probably said "I can't watch" about 50 times.  I started to give up somewhere during the 3rd quarter when the Seahawks started to pull away.  In the 4th quarter, I decided to drown my sorrows in a slice of chocolate cake and then we suddenly started to play better.  (Magic cake?)


By the time we scored another touchdown, I was so emotionally invested that I literally started to cry tears of joy.  (I think I completely shocked Eliot with my investment in the game.)  Those last few minutes dragged by like years.  I hid behind my hands on and off the entire time.  I was devastated when Seattle was only yards away from the end zone.  When Butler caught that interception I was in complete shock.  Before I could fully register all of the events of the last few minutes, we had won!!!


WE WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!  Ahh!!!  (I proceeded to walk around the house with a goofy stupid grin on my face for the rest of the evening.)  Of course, I had to watch the trophy ceremony.  The Pats filmed the obligatory "You've just won the Super Bowl, what are you going to do next?" commercial.


Once the Pats return home, they'll be hometown heroes as they ride throughout the streets of Boston in the traditional parade of Duckboats.  I'm thankful the parade has been postponed due to weather.  I'll be able to watch it Wednesday before work!!!

Photo Source: Boston.com Facebook Page
I have to admit that I'm relieved.  After all the naysayers saying crap about the Patriots being washed up, about Tom Brady being too old, they've done it again and proved them wrong.  The Patriots have another Super Bowl win.  Tom Brady has his 4th ring and holds many NFL records.  Bill Belichick and the coaching staff has brought another team to victory.  PatsNation is proud.  We never stopped believing.  "When you wish upon a star your dreams come true."

Go Pats!!! °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment