Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!  I hope you've all had a fabulous day!!!  

Photo Source: Disney
We've had an interesting Thanksgiving as we haven't had electricity at our house since 4:30 last night.  I had more posts planned, but lack of power and internet have forced my hand.  That's ok.  Life happens right?  In light (or lack thereof... ha ha) of the current circumstances, I remind myself how much I'm thankful for everyday things like heat, electricity, the internet, lights and running water.  My heart aches for those regularly without those simple "everyday" things.  We're blessed that this is merely a huge inconvenience for us.  Don't worry.  Tonight we're in a hotel, warm, with working water and with internet.  We're ok!  Anyways... 

Every Thanksgiving I like to reflect on the things I'm most thankful for.  This year has been full of wonderful experiences and memories.  Each year at our Thanksgiving dinner, my family members each share what they most thankful for.  I think my gratitude can be put into one of seven different areas.

I'm extremely thankful for Eliot's job.  I'm so glad we took a leap of faith and moved to Southern Maine.  He loves his job and what he does.  We love where we live and we feel like we're finally "home."  It's a great feeling.


I'm also incredibly thankful for my new job.  Things have been a little hectic for us with the fire and all of the uncertainty that followed.  Now we're hopefully getting our keys in the next week or so.  We should be able to move furniture in soon and we'll hopefully be up and running in the next month.  I really enjoy my team and I'm very excited about what next year will bring.


I am so thankful that I took a huge leap of faith and (finally!) opened Happily Ever Hatter. I've had plans to open a hat business for a while now, and I've been so fortunate to have had a successful opening year.  I am so grateful for every sale I've had, every "heart" on Etsy, every "like" on Facebook, for each of my Facebook "fans" and for all of the support from my family,  friends and Eliot.  This has been a dream come true.  I am thankful that I have this as an outlet to share my creativity with others.


I am exceedingly thankful to be a part of the Key to the World family.  I had an amazing time meeting all of my fellow travel agents at KeyCon 2014.  This is just the beginning of a magnificent adventure.  I am so excited for all of the awesome things in our future.


No post on thankfulness would be complete without mentioning my thanks for all of you. When I started "My Disney Life", it was mostly something to do to pass the time.  I didn't realize how much I would enjoy blogging.  I'm so thankful for all of my readers.  I am grateful that people love my free Mickey and Minnie calendars and I'm happy to share them.  I am glad my blog gives me a good excuse to work random crafts I probably would keep pushing off otherwise.  You guys are the best!


I am also thankful for my family and friends.  I don't know where I would be without them. They've helped make me the person I am today.  Their love and support is never ending. For that, I will always be grateful.


Finally, I am thankful for my health and happiness.  I'm incredibly blessed.  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment