Thursday, October 16, 2014

KeyCon 2014

Well, I'm officially back in the "real" world.  At the moment, I much prefer the Key to the World and Disney bubble that I've been cocooned in for the past week.  It was happier there.  Don't get me wrong,  I'm glad to be home, but the house is empty and quiet with Eliot at work today.  And even though I went to KeyCon alone, I never felt alone while I was there.  This morning, I found myself keeping busy checking my 100+ Facebook notifications, most of which are from my KTTW friends and the trip.  Sitting here looking through them, I'm pretty lonely.  Not to mention the load of laundry that's piled up is pretty daunting.  Where's Mousekeeping when you need them?  :-(


I had so much fun this past week.  The trip was absolutely incredible.  I didn't do all of the things on my trip bucket list.  (More on that in a few days.)  I didn't even go on that many rides.  In fact, I can probably count the number of rides I actually rode on both hands. However, I experienced many new things that I've never done before.  The trip felt like it was a lot longer than a week.  It was amazing.


The best part of the trip was meeting all of my fellow Key to the World agents.  We got along great and had so much fun together.  It was Disney magic at its finest.  When you think about it, we all were strangers brought together by a common love of Disney and travel.  I'm so thankful that KTTW's co-owners, Heather and Jeff, chased the dream to start their own travel agency.  Otherwise, none of this would have been possible.


We created so many memories together over the past week.  We had scavenger hunts in the parks, met for drinks at some of the lounges, and watched the nighttime shows.  We went on the rides together.  We experienced new restaurants together.  We created inside jokes together and we laughed pretty much the entire trip.  The fun and memories from this trip really brought us all together.  I can't believe how much I already miss everyone.  These people are now family to me.


KeyCon 2015 is officially 345 days away… the countdown is on.  °o°

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Only 345 more days. I'm thinking it's time I create a Harry Potter themed countdown calendar… :-)

      Delete
  2. Loved reading this and following you along for the trip..sooo fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I've decided that I love Instagram! It's so quick and easy to post photos! I'll definitely do that again for our trip in January! :-)

      Delete
  3. Can I ask if you are still an agent? I am doing my phone interview this week and was wondering how it's going for you. Thanks for any insight.

    ReplyDelete