Thursday, May 15, 2014

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Hi Friends!  Wow.  Has it really been 10 days since my last post?!?!?  Yikes!  

I've been really busy as you can imagine...

Eliot's away this week on vacation and visiting his family in California and then going to his sister's college graduation this weekend in Colorado.  Last week, I checked in on my cousin's cats a few times while he was away.  I've been trying to get a lot of organizing done while Eliot's not here!  I finally had a few minutes tonight to sit down and blog! Hopefully once Eliot returns, I can get back to my normal routine.  Here's what I've been up to since you last heard from me:



My parents came down this past weekend for Mother's Day and to help me clean out our garage.  It was a super productive Saturday.  Our garage looks amazing.  It was nice to have a few extra sets of hands to help move everything around!  Our grill and the patio furniture are back on our deck.  I also put my flower pots on the front porch!  Now that it's warmer, they just need some flowers!  Plus, it hasn't been getting dark until 8:00 pm!  It's finally feeling like spring is here!  Yippee!!!


On Sunday, I got to visit with my brother, parents, grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousin for Mother's Day!  We went over to Old Orchard Beach to meet up.  Nana loves her pier french fries so we thought we'd treat her for Mother's Day.  It was a great time filled with a lot of love and tons of laughter.  I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day too!

Photo Source: I'm a thief and I stole these from my Aunt Sherrie's Facebook!
Sunday night was the season finale of Once Upon a Time.  Jeremy was the unfortunate soul stuck in the car with me while we drove around.  He was subjected to all of my theories, desires and ideas about the 2 hour season finale.  Thankfully, he's an amazing brother and he had some of his own speculations that he shared with me.  Yay!  I'm not completely alone in my dork fest!  Although, he did laugh at me quite a bit when I took a picture of the yellow bug we saw on the way to Old Orchard.  (I may or may not have proclaimed it as Emma Swan's car and told him to follow it to Storybrooke.  I mean, we do live in Maine after all!)


Once everyone left, I sat down to finish my Once Upon a Time project.  I made a Snow White wedding dress ear hat inspired by the mother of the savior!  I thought it was totally appropriate for both the season finale AND Mother's Day.  I still need to finish taming the feathers, but I'm pretty happy with the result!


As for the show itself, WOW!!!  I am not afraid to admit that it brought me to tears; I laughed out loud numerous times ("behold, the Rolly Joger!"), and it was a-maz-ing.  I actually watched it twice Sunday night... and then I watched it again on Monday. (Remember- I already fully admitted to my dorkiness.)

Photo Source: Once Upon a Time Facebook
And then there was that ending... What?!?!?  Elsa?  In Storybrooke?  Frozen is coming!!! Is it next fall yet?  Please....?  Between Mother's Day and Once Upon a Time, Sunday was easily the highlight of the whole week so far.

Photo Source: Once Upon a Time Facebook
Eliot had a huge soap order the night before he left.  I've been organizing things around the house in between making batches of soap!  I finally mailed them out yesterday and I'm really proud of how they came out!  I've made soaps for Eliot before, but this was a big undertaking for me to do by myself!  20 sets of soap made, packaged and mailed out!


The rest of this week, I've been keeping busy organizing the house.  Today I went through the containers of breakable stuff in our guest bedroom.  I unboxed a ka-gillion picture frames.  We collect them from places that we've been.  Tomorrow, I'll distribute them all around the house!  (This isn't even all of the Disney ones that we have!)

  
Finally, my hubby might be away for the week, but he hasn't completely deserted me. I've been receiving lots of pictures and text messages from him throughout the week.  It looks like Eeyore and Duffy have had quite an adventure.  They had their own seat on the plane, went to Sea World, have had tons of snacks, and have made a new friend!

Photo Source: Various Text Messages from Eliot
Hopefully, you will hear from me again in the next few days!  I've got a girls' weekend planned with my interior design friends from college, but after that, things should return to normal with my blogging schedule... I hope!

Oh and don't worry!  I didn't forget about my blogiversary!  Once Eliot is home, I have a few surprises in store for you guys!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment