Sunday, April 27, 2014

2014 Goal Update- April

Over the past few weeks, I've been re-focusing on my blog and where I want it to go. Which means that it's time for another goal update.  I originally planned on doing an update monthly, but I thought it might get boring since there isn't that much to update monthly.  (In the interest of not boring us to death, I'll do it every few months instead!)


As most of you know, I made some specific Blog and Disney Goals for 2014!

The best way to make sure I achieve my goals is to review where I am in accomplishing them.  For those of you who are new to my blog, or if you don't remember what my goals were, here's a short version of the list:


How am I doing so far with achieving the goals I set for myself?

1.)  Go to Walt Disney World
2.)  Participate in the WDW Half Marathon
As you know from my January Goal Update, I've been to Walt Disney World and participated in the Half Marathon.  #1 and #2 are good!

3.)  Make Disney Décor for the Holidays
4.)  Do at Least One Tutorial Each Month
I totally missed out on Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day.  But I finally got my butt in gear for Easter.  I absolutely love the adorable Mickey and Minnie Easter Wreath I made. (And it's also a tutorial... double whammy!)  I have a few projects that I'm in the middle of creating.  You will eventually see them as tutorials!

5.)  Design an Imagineering Project
I have a ton of Imagineering ideas floating around my head.  I originally had a specific project that I planned to work on.  I wanted to try to do one project each calendar year, but now I'm realizing that might not be the best idea.  (In fact, trying to "finish" a project around the holidays at end of the year is probably the worst idea ever.)  I also realized that jumping into a huge project after being on a design hiatus for a few years is another roadblock.  Instead, I'm going to start with a smaller project.  I haven't finalized the idea, but I'm thinking something along the idea of designing one float.  I'll start small with a fun design exercise and then go from there!

6.)  Write 150 Blog Entries for the Year
In order to achieve this, I calculated that I needed to post about 12-13 times a month.  I'm on target for this goal!  I've already got 50+ entries for the year!

7.)  Have a Few Friends as Guest Bloggers
I also had my first guest blogger this month!  One of my best friends, BJ, was generous enough to tell us all about celebrating his birthday at Disneyland!  He had a great time writing and we're already talking about him stopping by to visit again!  (I'm also talking with a few other friends- yay!)

8.)  Have a Disney Themed Party
This is totally happening!!!  (And I'm so excited about it!)  That's all I can say at this moment in time.  I'm sworn to secrecy.

9.)  Blog About One Fun Find a Month
This hasn't been as spectacular as I intended.  I really need to contact more sellers on Etsy to see if I can share their products.  I'm determined to get this up and running. There are too many things I've stumbled across to not share them with everyone!

10.)  Take an Online Storyboard Class
I haven't had a chance to do this... yet.  However, I am still planning to take the visual storytelling class that is offered from Skillshare.  It's taught by an animator from the Walt Disney Animation Studios!

11.)  Make Disney Accessories
As you know, I've got my Etsy store Happily Ever Hatter open!  I've had quite a few hat sales over the past 3 months!  And I'm even more pleased with the results considering I've only listed three different designs!  My sketchbook is full of more ideas, and I've had a few custom requests over the past few days.  This is going to be a big year for hat and accessory making.  And I'm loving it!

12.)  Paint Disney Wedding Art for our Dining Room
I'm going to have a painting buddy for 6 weeks this summer!  I mentioned before that Eliot's sister Elissa is coming to visit us.  She's been working on some Disney paintings of her own, so I'm super excited that she and I can paint together and brainstorm ideas!

13.)  Finish Our Mickey and Minnie Bathroom
This is so close to being done it's not even funny!  I'm working with my Nana to get the curtains made.  I still have to design the fabric for the valences.  (Those of you familiar with my printable calendars will probably recognize the design.)  I also have to get that artwork done.  So close.

14.)  Make Disney Sweets
I love baking, cake decorating and anything that's sweet.  So, this goal was another given.  The party I can't talk about will definitely have some sweets.  It's happening.

I'm feeling really good about my goals so far!  I've definitely made a lot of progress since I last looked at them in January.  Hopefully I can cross a few more off between now and my next update!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment