Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Fun Find: Festival of Fantasy Sneak Peek

Hey Disney Friends!

I'm sorry that I disappeared on you again!  I've had a busy few days.  I suppose... life happens.  I've been trying to get caught up on all sorts of things.  Plus, the Olympics have totally distracted my focus and usual routine.  Then yesterday, I majorly caught the cleaning bug out of nowhere.  I went to Wal-mart to get some of those space bags that you vacuum the air out of.  Since then, I've gone completely nut-so reorganizing our extra sheets, towels, old t-shirts and sweatshirts.  (I confess; I even went back to buy more space bags last night!)  I've heard of spring cleaning... but winter cleaning?  I think all of the snow and cold weather Elsa keeps sending us is making me a little stir crazy.  


Anyways...

Photo Sources: AllEars.Net and Disney Parks Blog
I've been wracking my brain to try to think of a Valentine's Day related tutorial, but I've gotten absolutely no where with inspiration.  So, I'm just going to skip it this year!  I've got so many other ideas that I'm already gathering materials for; I'll just focus on getting those ready for all of you instead!

I did stumble across something this morning that I had to share with you.  (It was a must do!)  Those of you who follow my Facebook fan page may have already seen it.  It's almost 17 minutes of amazing and awesomeness.




Disney did a Fashion Show with the costumes for the new Festival of Fantasy Parade that debuts at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World next month!  I discovered this video from Inside the Magic's Facebook page earlier today.

Photo Source: AllEars.Net
A few days ago, I'd discovered a sneak peek of two of the costume sketches.  Of course, I completely geeked out.  But nothing could have prepared me for the fashion show: or for the pictures of the actual floats!

Photo Source: AllEars.Net
The general concept for the parade is of course to feature some of our favorite Disney characters and movies, but to also incorporate the New Fantasyland.  One of my favorite parts of Disney is the design of their costumes and parade floats.  After seeing the costumes and the floats, I think that this will definitely be a must do at Walt Disney World!

The parade starts off with the Princess Garden Unit which has a 54 foot long float featuring: Belle and the Beast, Cinderella and Prince Charming, Tiana and Naveen and they even added Elsa and Anna!


Photo Source: Orlando Theme Park News
They will also be accompanied by the Swan Court Couples.  Their costumes are beautiful and are supposed to resemble swans on water.

Photo Source: Disney Geek
The next section of the parade is the Tangled unit with a float that is 29 feet tall and 35 feet in length!  It also has swinging pendulums on the float. 

Photo Source: Inside the Magic
Rapunzel and Flynn will be on the float, and they will also be accompanied by some of the thugs from the Snuggly Duckling.

Photo Source: Orlando Theme Park News
The Tangled section also features the Floral Maiden Dancers.  Their costumes are so bright and fun!  I want one!

Photo Source: Orlando Theme Park News
After Tangled comes Ariel and the Under the Sea unit.

Photo Source: Inside the Magic
Ariel is accompanied by a Lion Fish in a one of a kind costume.

Photo Source: Orlando Theme Park News
Ariel will be sitting at the top of the float on clam shell.

Photo Source: Inside the Magic
I think my favorite of all of the new costumes is Sea Shell Girl.

Photo Source: Disney Parks Blog
There will also be Sea Horse Performers.

Photo Source: Inside the Magic
Here's a closer look at the sea horses that even spin!

Photo Source: Inside the Magic
The next section takes us to Neverland with Peter Pan, Captain Hook and the lost boys.  

Photo Source: Inside the Magic
The Jolly Roger sits on top of the giant rainbow.  The float also features Skull Rock and Tinker Bell on the back.  Captain Hook will swing on the giant anchor.

Photo Source: Orlando Theme Park News
The Lost Boys costumes all include something in the design to mimic the design of the rainbow from the Peter Pan float.

Photo Source: Disney Parks Blog
The next unit is Brave featuring Merida on a giant bagpipe float.  

Photo Source: Inside the Magic
She is accompanied by Highland Dancers. 

Photo Source: Inside the Magic
Each couple will have a different kilt color.

Photo Source: Inside the Magic
The next unit is Sleeping Beauty and it features a giant Maleficent dragon float.

Photo Source: Disney Parks Blog
The steampunk style dragon is over 26 feet tall and 53 feet long!  

Photo Source: Disney Parks Blog
The unit also has a Thorn Stilt Walker.

Photo Source: Inside the Magic
There are also Raven dancers that have a 12 foot wingspan when they extend them!

Photo Source: Disney Parks Blog
The Finale Unit consists of three floats that are over 90 feet in length.

Photo Source: Inside the Magic
The performers include Bubbles Girl who has hair that was inspired by cotton candy.

Photo Source: Inside the Magic
The back of her costume has an awesome giant bow along with lots of bubbles!

Photo Source: Inside the Magic
She is also joined by Cha Cha Girl.  The design of her skirt mimics a circus tent, while her top was inspired by Pinocchio!

Photo Source: Orlando Theme Park News
They will be accompanied by many of our favorite Disney characters.  The Fab 5 will also be in this section, wearing all new Festival of Fantasy costumes!

Photo Source: Disney Parks Blog
Of course, there will also be new parade music!  I wonder if the music played at the beginning of the fashion show was also a sneak peek of the music?  I guess we'll find out in about a month!

What do you think of the costumes and floats?  I personally can't wait to see it!   °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment