Wednesday, July 10, 2013

4th of July Weekend


Hello everyone!  I’m sorry that I haven’t posted in over a month!  The past few weeks have been incredibly busy with a few birthdays, a bachelorette party, a wedding, a festival, and 4th of July weekend!  I’m finally home and able to collect my thoughts!

Last weekend, my husband and I went home to visit my parents for 4th of July weekend.  It’s always a big deal in my hometown of Bar Harbor and the town has a pretty long parade for a small town.


Earlier this summer, I bought Eliot and myself new shirts for the 4th of July.  Of course I caved when I saw the Mickey and Minnie shirts in the Disney Store.  They were pretty cute and I was super excited to wear them together!


We enjoyed the 4th of July parade, although after you’ve seen a Disney parade, nothing really compares to it.  There were plenty of local organizations and businesses represented.  We even got a visit from Buzz Lightyear, who showed his American spirit by waving his flag to infinity and beyond.



The fireworks were very good this year.  There was a live band to accompany the display over the pier.  It still wasn’t a Disney spectacular, but hey, at least we had some smiley face fireworks!  I’m contemplating playing “Wishes” on my iPod next year during the show…


Finally, we spent the rest of the holiday weekend playing tourist and visiting some of the sites in Acadia National Park.  One of my favorites was Sand Beach.  And I even spotted a familiar face!  ;-)


Overall, it was a great long weekend.  Although, I’m super glad to spend next weekend at home catching up with some projects!  I’ve got one that I’m dying to show you all!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment